PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lraisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 4, 2011
Granite Falls, Washington state
I wanted to bring this site to your attention.
http://stores.ebay.com/linens-and-things-new-and-vintage?_trksid=p4340.l2563.
This seller has apparently acquired some old stock from Schulte's pipe store, an old time tobacconist that was located in Maplewood, NJ for many years. I have three of their pipes purchased from the store a few years before they closed and they are all truly excellent smokers. I bought 2 pipes from this Ebay seller and have another on the way. They appear to be lower grade, but were probably made in the store. It's worth pointing out that, for years, Max Schulte was the authorized Dunhill repair person for the US.
A few cautions; the seller appears to be less than knowledgeable and I would request a little more careful packing than was used on my order. Some of the pipes appear to be not completely finished and the ones I got were quite dirty. With those caveats in mind, I think there are some bargains here. If you are looking for something cheap but better than a basket pipe, or are willing to take on a project, there maybe something here worth considering.
BTW, I have no connection with the seller, in fact I don't think she likes me since I left a neutral feedback over the packing issue. I just think the price and the reasonable shipping makes for some bargains.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
my eyes r gittin bad but does it look as tho some of the draft holes r off center????
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Old-Stock-M-Schultes-Briar-Pipe-Unused-5-1-4-Inches-MCE-Signed-/110747736878?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c9145b2e

lraisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 4, 2011
Granite Falls, Washington state
I suspect some of the pipes without the Schulte stamp or possibly those stamped "Imported Briar" may have been sold by Sculte, but not made there. All of those I have are drilled very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.