PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alialansari

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Hidd, Bahrain.
Hello folks,

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to get directly in touch with Chance Whittamore from great-estate-pipes on eBay.

We were in the process of conducting a deal and all communication ceased from his end. I'm aware that he can get very busy but he has recently listed new items on his page but hasn't answered any of my messages.

I've been doing business with Chance for many years now and he is undoubtedly a top notch seller, one of the best! I'm only ever so slightly concerned that's all. I just hope everything is alright with him.

So if anyone knows of another way to contact him other than through eBay I would appreciate you letting me know.

Thanks guys.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I assume you tried this method, email/phone:
There are a couple of threads here where it seems he just checks out for a while, then returns.

alialansari

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Hidd, Bahrain.
I assume you tried this method, email/phone:
There are a couple of threads here where it seems he just checks out for a while, then returns.
Thanks pal! I just sent him an email. I'll wait and see. It's just like bluegrassbrian and ron123 said, he is active with other members and listings and all but isn't answering my messages. I have tried sending them using different accounts lest that there be a technical problem with my own but to no avail. As I said I've known Chance for years now and he's top notch but I'm confused as to why he isn't answering my messages. I've been promised payment for some time now so I'm slightly concerned. But fingers crossed he answers this time. Thanks folks

alialansari

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Hidd, Bahrain.
His house did get flooded and he lost a lot of stuff. Fortunately for us none of his pipes were damaged.

I am aware he has had to move houses and it's quite difficult as it is. I hope everything is alright with him. I just need some sort of confirmation. It's been a while since payment was supposed to be made.

I actually hate doing this and writing about it on the forum but I really don't have another choice. I've sent over 30 messages last week, a period during which he has actively listed items on eBay and responded to other members. I have nothing but respect and admiration for the gentleman but I need some form of acknowledgment or reply. It's not about the money, I'm happy to wait for a bit more if he can't come through right now. It's about the fact that all evidence points in the direction of him deliberately ignoring me. I really don't like saying this or insinuating it but I've no other choice.

alialansari

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Hidd, Bahrain.
He has just listed some more pipes not more than three hours ago but still hasn't replied to my messages. I will try to place a bid on one item to get his attention. Hopefully that will work.

alialansari

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Hidd, Bahrain.
You send me thirty messages in a week, I'd probably ignore you, too.
I only did that because I've been expecting payment for almost a month now. How would you feel if you were owed money and not paid for that long? I'm not badgering him by sending unrelated messages with different content each time with request or complaints or proposals or questions. It's the same message every single time: a reminder of payment. And actively replying to others and adding new listings while continuing to not reply means he's wilfully ignoring me which honestly concerns me.

Reactions: anotherbob

hugodrax

Can't Leave
Jan 24, 2013
Oh, I understand. But I'd suggest he might not be avoiding you. I know when I used to sell pipes on Ebay I'd often cue auctions to start days before they actually went online.

Don't ever take me too seriously.

Reactions: alexander87

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
And actively replying to others and adding new listings while continuing to not reply means he's wilfully ignoring me which honestly concerns me.
Or his e-mail decided that you were acting like a spam bot. Seriously sounds like the most realistic option. Unless you did something that would explain the ghosting like stole his dog or tried to borrow his wife. I've seen e-mails ruin romantic relationships by thinking that the frequency and size of the mail coming from this address was spam. So..... I would personally go with that explanation until a more complete one comes out, no point in worrying about it. Oh and yes I've had e-mail do that with people I've been talking with for years. Also I assume you have the address saved and no possibility of an address typo.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Maybe a cash flow problem and he's not in a position to pay up until later. I'd ping him once a week, but not all the time. See what happens. I hope things come along.

alialansari

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Hidd, Bahrain.
I also thought something might be wrong with my ebay or email account so I've tried sending him messages through different accounts just to make sure something reaches him. Bluegrassbrian mentioned that he has exchanged emails with him in the past week which indicates that he is active. If it's a cash flow problem then I completely understand and I would do so in any other case, it's just the fact that he is deliberately not responding that concerns me. All in all I've got some $900 on the line here. I just wish he would answer and let me know if something is the matter.

alexander87

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2017
Oh, I understand. But I'd suggest he might not be avoiding you. I know when I used to sell pipes on Ebay I'd often cue auctions to start days before they actually went online.

Don't ever take me too seriously.
We don’t pufhahau

Status
Not open for further replies.