PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngpipe

Lurker
Mar 4, 2012
The best tip that I have for keeping the pipe stem shiny and very nice is that after every pipe smoking I clean it with a lip stick you know the lip stik that you put on your lip when they are dry!!! I use the one with apple because is giving to the pipe a nice flavour. I put the (grease) on the steam and I let it on for 5 min. after I clean it with a dry cloth and it is giving a nice shiny aspect :mrgreen:
Edit: I have edited some words to help with clarification. L

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
I've used Chapstick on pipe stems before. Before I found Paragon and Halcyon that was my go-to instrument for keeping my stems clean and fresh. It works very well. Like youngpipe said, keep it on a few minutes and wipe it clean. Though, I never used a flavored Chapstick -- I always used neutral.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Carnuba wax is what I use and it shines up real nice. Plus it hardens a bit more so the shine will last a bit longer. So less Chapstick makeovers.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
"Death to the users." :D
Couldn't help it.
I'm still on the olive oil kick for now. And the only chapstick around the house is cherry flavored. Not gonna use that on my pipes! Was planning on giving the neutral one a go though.
Quick shine for those of us that lack proper waxes and buffers! :crying:

youngpipe

Lurker
Mar 4, 2012
The flavour is not changing the taste of thsteam because you don t let it for a long time. :mrgreen:

group4

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 16, 2011
I use chapstick too; of course it's a form of wax, so it works quite well.

danno

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2011
Always keepp a chapstick in my pocket for this exact purpose. When I smoke away from home, it is mighty handy for getting something on the stem asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.