PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I sold about 25-30 of them on ebag. Trouble is if I put a starting price of more than .99 cents they quite often didn't sell,or if I started them at .99 cents that's what they sold at. Sold a few for a decent price but not enough to make it worth while. I spend 5-6 hours on one of those(more before I got the lathe!),plus cost of the pipes and my materials.The only way I would do it now is on a custom order basis. If I had a web site might try that route.

searock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2010
It's like the high school slut, everyone whats to touch her but no one whats to take her home... (no insult intended :D ) I've seen this with other cool items too. I would post them on ebay now and then and put a higher opening bid. As to your own web site, the problem is not creating the site, the problem is getting people to find it. Good luck!

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
True searock. I think a lot of guys looked at them and said-"so he chopped off a bowl and glued a piece of brass on it-any fool can do that!" A lot of people don't realize the time and effort that goes into it-it ain't as simple as it looks.

redfox

Might Stick Around
Jun 16, 2010
loving the tampers guys! it's always really cool to make stuff that has a use you know? especially if its for something you really enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.