PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Picked up a tin of this from P&C for $5, thought Id try since I don't usually smoke anything with spice, and I needed to add to my cart to meet the free shipping amount, I can say it was money well spent.
Packing the bowl I notice its a bit moister than I prefer (might be the spice or Rum) but I only had to relight 3 times the first 1/4 bowl, but the rest burned even and through. The cut is a ribbon cut and not chunky, it burned quite well. Virginians and Cavendish are prominent in this smoke with a very faint and pleasant vanilla taste. I try all my new tobacco in Cob and I noticed my cob was warmer than usual, maby I puffed more or maby a hotter burning blend, not sure.
Over all Im pleased with this blend and look forward to trying some other offerings from East India Trading Company

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Oooooo! Excellent!! EITC's Cellar Reserve is one of my favorites! Nice tobacco-y aro with a pinch of perique. Just bought the other two to try. Glad to hear your comments!

:puffy:

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Just to follow up, I've had a bowl of this every evening this week wile out tending the garden and it has really grown on me, cant believe I got it on sale so cheap. I ordered some other EITC tins when I made my big H&H Marquee purchase this weekend, now I wont know what to open first

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Pagan, you'll probably like their other blends too. But of the three EITC blends, I've found I like Royal Challenge the best. Mind you their other blends are good, I just like Royal Challenge the best. I seldom smoke the stuff straight. I really like blending it 50/50 with things like Black Frigate (sorry Duane), and GH Rum Flake, or even GLP Sextant. I do like the blends I just mentioned by themselves most of the time, but sometimes I want something a little sweeter, milder and less demanding of my attention. Playing with tobacco is so much fun, and supposedly not against the law yet! :mrgreen:

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I'm thoroughly enjoying this magnificent blend!
This is one of those aros for people who like quality tobacco taste with delicate hints of sweet spiced rum. This wouldn't displace my beloved MacBaren Navy Mixture if it hadn't been discontinued, but I'm very happy with Royal Challenge as an everyday blend.
Take the challenge and find out for yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.