PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
'Struth, the two dots...so if smoked to either the right, or the left, the White Dot is in its proper place of course! :wink:

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I remember seeing a similar pipe few days ago on Instagram, it was an old poster I think, a guy with a similar pipe in his mouth.

$_3.JPG

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
From a friend who is a Dunhill collector,
"It's an example of the quaint "motorities" pipes that Dunhill made for car drivers... It's meant to be smoked horizontally to reduce increased draught in the pipe whilst driving in an open car. The pipe model can be seen in the 1923 "About Smoke" Dunhill catalogue."
There was quite a bit of discussion about when it was sold in Mar. '14

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
"It's an example of the quaint "motorities" pipes that Dunhill made for car drivers... It's meant to be smoked horizontally to reduce increased draught in the pipe whilst driving in an open car. The pipe model can be seen in the 1923 "About Smoke" Dunhill catalogue."
Hmm, a long chuchwarden where the bowl can nestle where dash meets windshield would work, then! Just don't suddenly look out the back window....

orobusto

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2015
New York
After seeing the picture of it in use, I realized I would probably char the rim, bowl, shank and earlobe.

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
The nose warmer has jumped the shark...all hail the Ear-Warmer.
:rofl: Well observed. That is a cheeky pipe! At first I thought it was some sort of photoshop magic or a heat bent stem ... but reality can be more odd than fiction.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Since this thread came up I've seen several of these pipes turn up on many Italian vendor sites. I suppose this is obvious but, yes, the stems have dots on both sides so that the smoker can warm his/her preferred ear. Very forward thinking of "The White Spot".
If anyone is curious here is a brief photo tour of the "White Spot Factory".
http://manufactureandindustry.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/inside-dunhill-factory-walthamstow.html

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Don't set your hair on fire getting that thing lit. Maybe need President Trump to try to light it. Take care of that hair problem once and for all.
I believe Anthony is correct about the double dot. So you can smoke it to the right or left.
Is it designed for motorcycle smoking use? So you don't have ashes blowing into your eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.