PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I might be late on the drop, but today is the first day I’ve seen it back in stock. This batch says limit 25 per day, so they must have a pretty good stockpile. I’ve yet to try it myself, but I bought a tin at a B&M for way too much money a few months ago and threw it in the cellar. I learned how to date the tins out of curiosity, and when I checked it, it was tinned 12/21/15. Almost 4 years of age on it! I picked up a couple more today on SP, hoping to get lucky again. Figure it’s a good blend to have a few aging away in the cellar, even if I don’t get around to trying it for a long while. If 3YM is your thing, cheers!

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I’ll be honest I’m not a HUGE straight Va fan at this point.. I guess I’m just hoping to get a few tins with some age. I figure I’ll crack the old one soon, if I hate it with 4 years of age, I’ll probably never like it. On the plus side, I also ordered a tin each of Captain Earle’s Mystic Blend and C&D Sunset Harbor, both of which I’m extremely excited about.

Reactions: hsnzz

geo4

Might Stick Around
Sep 19, 2019
Both Three Year Matured and Reddy Rubbed have been in stock almost continuously at SP since production of Dunhill blends was discontinued, and, to my mind, without surprise. They are among the very few tobaccos I have found so foul that I threw away the un-smoked contents of the tin rather than afflict a friend (or rather an enemy) with a free sample. Long since production ceased, several other online vendors still have these very same abominations in stock.

geo4

Might Stick Around
Sep 19, 2019
Interesting, I do not recall burley in that blend, but it has been perhaps a year since I tried it. I probably have an aversion to whatever Virginias were being used in the "Dunhill" blends before their discontinuation, as I disliked every blend to bear that name recently, with the exception of Navy Rolls and Dark Flake (I never smoked Flake, Elizabethan, or Royal Yacht). I started smoking far too late to try the Murray's or actual Dunhill versions of Dunhill blends.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
They are among the very few tobaccos I have found so foul that I threw away the un-smoked contents of the tin

If anyone has the 3 yr VA they want to unload let me know. After it was discontinued it was put on sale for I think $5.99/tin. I stocked up. It's worth that price to me and I would give people at least a couple of bucks for an unopened tin they may not want rather than they throw it away. puffypuffypuffy

geo4

Might Stick Around
Sep 19, 2019
Just to clarify, I did not and would certainly never throw away an unopened tin of anything! If I remember rightly, I made it halfway through the one tin I bought before tossing the rest. I knew very few fellow pipesmokers at the time, and they had already told me they did not like this blend. These days, I would hold on to leftovers like that.

Reactions: shanez
Status
Not open for further replies.