PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2011
This is my first attempt at a good review so, please, bear with me and give me pointers where you see fit for writing style. Clearly I'm too young to have smoked the Murray blend, so this may not match up to older smokers.

The tin and tobacco appearence

The tin art is nice, simple and classic as should be obvious. Upon opening there is a very appetising scent of raisins, figs and other dried fruit, mixed with the familiar hay like scent of virginias. the tobacco itself is a very even earth brown with flecks of black. It feels nice and dry, a little residual moisture that shouldnt bother anyone.

The smoke

The tobacco packs nicely, best left a little loose as always. The first thing that will hit you in terms of taste is a sweet, slightly earthy flavour balanced by the very well placed background casing. the first third of the bowl is pure virginia, similar to university flake perhaps. Around mid bowl it picks up something of a more caramel and raisin taste. I have heard people say its like a Va/per without the perique and theyd be right. the last third of the bowl is very concentrated, a balance of the virginia flavour and the casing perfectly, graduating to a smooth tobacco taste you can savour. Vitamin N content is good.

Aftertaste: A definite dried fruit flavour stays with you

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Very nice effort for your first time. :clap:

As for recommendations... I think you have a good grasp of how to review as opposed to just giving your opinion...

(catch 22) Of course giving your opinion is what a review really is. :)
For much better information about writing reviews check this out.
Be sure to post it here: Luxury Tobacco Reviews .com

punkpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2011
Ah yes. I should mention I enjoyed this in a cob, so I could get a bearing on which pipe it belongs in, with a cold bottle of carlsberg export lager. It didnt knock my socks off in strength, but it has made me both perky and relaxed like all good smokes should. I'm going to make sure this is in my regular rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.