PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Dear friends,
Meanwhile I treasure a few Dunnies ( from their better period ) that are not stamped with a date code, or suffix number.

Amongst them is a 365 Shell, I mentioned before in a different post, with an original so called twin bore mouthpiece.

Who can enlighten me ? The dating of course can be narrowed down in some other ways, but still .....

We want to be sure, do we not :)

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
Hi fellow Dunhill aficionado,
Have you tried this one?

http://pipephil.eu/logos/en/dunhill/cledat-en1.html
If that does not help, you could try uploading some photos, and I'm sure, somebody here can tell you more about your pipes.

Dec 10, 2013
Hi Julius,
Thank you for chiming in and posting the link !
Yes, I always turn to it and meanwhile know most of it by heart, but it does not solve the matter since they are not patent ones.

I suppose pictures will be of little help , all stampings are correct . It is only the darn date code that was ommitted.

Dec 10, 2013
Hi Mike,
I will , but today I'm having friends for dinner :rofl:

I'm all thumbs , but meanwhile found the best ( meaning less complicated ) method for posting pics .

So please bear with me, a Dunhill Two-Way stem in devoured condition is a rare thing to behold.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
dunhiil-shell-365-pipe-600x450.jpg

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
The stamping and briar look to me like 1960s era? A picture of the end of the stem might help just a bit, as the fishtail changed slightly a few times over the years.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
Thank you! Based on the stem, I'd say this could even be late 1950s. Hopefully an expert will chime in and either validate or correct what I've said for you.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
oh whoops! I forgot that this was a twin-bore mouthpiece. I'm not familiar with the shaping on those, so I may be wrong about that. I do still think the stamping looks 1960s era though.

Status
Not open for further replies.