PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chagovatoloco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2013
So I go some in yesterday and waited until late in to the night to try it. When I opened it I noticed a strange smell ( I am used to aromaics). It was the same smell I noticed in frog Mortin. So I understand this to be latakia, what a different smell! Not what I expected but now I know. I did like the night cap but was a completely different taste from what I am used to being a 1q lover and all.

Aug 1, 2012
Ah, the aroma of a burning sweat sock factory, it's one of my favorites. Really it is, love lat and lat/perique heavy blends.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Smoked my first bowls of Nightcap on the front porch in the fall at night. The first try was in a big bowled

pipe smoking fast, and it got my head spinning. Next time, I went to a smaller bowl and smoked slower,

and also having the tin open for a few days helped. After that, I went right through that tin. It's full strength

tobacco, but not just strong for its own sake. Well blended and intent on quality. When you need a full strength

blend, it's among the best.

chagovatoloco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2013
I used one of my smaller pipes and tried to smoke slow. I must admit I was stripping some paint on a project of mine while I was doing it. I got so in to what I was doing I didn't notice the effect until I went in and laid down. After that I was out and slept like a baby.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
My smoke in the morning,and last thing at night. Good cup of black coffee in morning and a cold beverage at night, I would like to add that I have never used the word beverage before,thought it was a sissy word,now at 70 that's what I am.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
NIghtcap was the second latakia blend I tried, now I hardly smoke any other type. Still a favorite, probably always will be.

trailspike48

Jan 15, 2013
My first bowl of Nightcap was last night. I enjoy latakia s so Nightcap was an enjoyable smoke. I loaded up a large Sav. and smoked slow. I was concened about a Nic hit, but after two hours, the Nightcap was enjoyable to the bottom, with no light headed surprise.
Like Schwarzenegger said, "I'll be back".

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Someone must've bought the 30 year old tin of Nightcap I was looking at on a certain consignment site.
I hope they're on this site. And I'm jealous.

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
My 1st tin of Nightcap, I was a bit "meh, why is everyone raving about this stuff?".
Then after a couple of weeks without it I had a wierd feeling like an itch I couldn't scratch. I found myself longing for more. So yeah, now I absolutley love the stuff!

jbbaldwin

Aug 1, 2012
,thought it was a sissy word,now at 70 that's what I am
That's what happens when you put pockets on your underwear! :D
Seriously - nobody's going to accuse the Ol' Cajun of being a sissy.

lovethebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2013
Love heavy Latakia blends. Nothing satisfies better to me and my wife. This is my preference only, everyone has different taste., that's why there's vanilla and chocolate. Different strokes for different folks, but that doesn't make it wrong to like what you like.

mannish

Lurker
Aug 10, 2013
I tried it recently just not in to latikia - I started smoking a pipe about 10 years ago, eventually stopped jus recently started back but I didn't care for it then either.
I am pretty much an aromatic 1Q kinda of person - I ordered some capstan blue looking forward to trying that
I do need to stay away from this site - a few visits and I am spending money

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
The membership at this little clambake is free, Mannish, but the annual dues will drop a grown man to his knees weeping.
The word "beverage", Bradley, just crashdived into my working vocabulary. If it's good enough for the Sage of Maurice then it's damned well good enough for me and I'm grateful.
I love Nightcap and I smoke a bowl or two every day. But, I'm also just finishing up a pouch of Smoking Pipes Low Country Black - pard, Black can go toe to toe with any Latakia blend out there. And I mean a knife fight in a phone booth.
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.