SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

guitarguy86

Preferred Member
Jul 6, 2012
In the last 6 months, I've spent hundreds of dollars on pipes and tobacco products. About a week ago I began losing a bit of interest in smoking. Then I started thinking about all the money and time I've invested into the world of pipe smoking. When that set in, I became worried. Real worried. I've been smoking only a couple of bowls every day over the last week, but that's only because of the time I've put into this hobby. I've been trying to give Nightcap a chance, because I hear a lot of good things about it, but until tonight, it just wasn't doing it for me. I tried Nightcap in a recently restored estate, and it is rather good. I've heard people say that certain pipes don't do well with certain blends, and I found that out myself tonight.

What my point is, is that things happen and we might lose interest in certain things for a while, but some of those interests might return just as strong as when they begun. Now I know that if in the future I put my pipes down for a length of time for whatever reason, I'll remember tonight.

I love this hobby.

hawk60ce

Preferred Member
Jun 11, 2012
I haven't had a smoke in about 3 weeks. Mostly because of the weather and I don't want to stand out in the cold snow and wind. I'm in the same boat with you, but I'm eagerly awaiting a chance to get a pipe in my hand again. May even be today!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
I'm glad you found a blend. I like all of that Dunhill line - MM965, Nightcap, Early Morning Pipe and London Mixtures (MM965 the favorite).

guitarguy86

Preferred Member
Jul 6, 2012
I like Early Morning Pipe more, but Nightcap is still good. Not something I'd smoke more than a couple times a day, but it has it's place.

cajundad

Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
Glad you found the right combo Doug . My blend cravings change every week . I can only smoke certain blends in certain pipes as well.

guitarguy86

Preferred Member
Jul 6, 2012
My cravings change frequently as well. Sometimes I feel like I'm "cheating" on other blends.

kris

Sep 16, 2012
I wasn't crazy about the first tin of Nightcap I had. Then a couple of weeks later I got a sorta weird craving, so I bought some more. Now LOVE the stuff!

tbradsim1

Preferred Member
Jan 14, 2012
I baked a tin of Nitecap, wonderful ,also threw in a tin of Erinmore the smell was to use a word I hate. AWESOME. The old cajun. PS it smoked good too