PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
Tin Note: English Fog, Sherlock Holme, Perot, Orient Express. Thoroughly enticing, to be feared. I cannot tell any special notes, like fruit or such. Pretty Straight Forwward.
In a new pearwood pipe fromn Ukraine, about 3 bucks, it burned nicely, though one relight. It was not heavy, but full. Orientals and Perique in a nice balance. As the bowl drew on, I had one moment of a saiiva buildup, but no real bite. The flavor (fog) increased in thickness and intensity. It left a satisfying aftertaste all over my mouth and tongue. I am sure I had a nice nictonine injection.
The Room Note was really the same as the Tin Note, though it was the combusted after-flavor. I like it. Xuan, the little Woman, was not impressed.
To the group: I am pretty new to all theee flavors, so if I don't "get" the fruitiness or certain notes I should, it's not that I didn't experience them. I just didn't get the nuance yet.
Bottom line: This is something to be enjoyed at night so it is named properly. When I was done, I was totally aware of how much impact this had on mouth and room. 4 Stars. Mayb be upped when I have had more to compare it to.

cosmicbobo

May 11, 2017
PS - I can't find the edit button on this, but want to add that this might be the perfect mixture to top with something like Grousemoor of Bothy Flake.

Cosmo

dkaye201

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
Nightcap is one of my favorite blends. I enjoy a bowl every night. I will be very upset when it is gone.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
It was just a matter of time, Warren. When they re-named their briar to "White Dot" I was really surprised they didn't do the tobacco first. To most of us with grey hair Dunhill has always meant quality. But in this day and age, with political correctness run amok, the attitude of disassociating a brand name from anything alcohol, tobacco or firearm related has become the new norm.
But that's okay, guys. Dunhill will walk away from their very well known and cash cow tobacco blends yet still own them under another label or iteration.
"Tell Mike it was only business. I always liked him."
Fnord

uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
Nightcap is truly great stuff, a very relaxing Smoke for sitting back and contemplating. My favorite after the end of the day, although could be enjoyed anytime.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nightcap in a big bowl Jerry Perry poker was my first noticeable nicotine hit. Luckily, I was on my front porch late on a fall evening, and it was time for bed anyway. It wasn't unpleasant, just a solid buzz, and so to bed. Once I knew what I was doing, it was even better, and in the same pipe. Lovely stuff. You know you've had a bowl with Nightcap, any time of day or night.
*First noticeable nicotine hit since smoking my buddy's dad's Lucky Strikes in the bushes watching house construction; those nails turned me vivid green.

atjurhs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2017
Is it truly going away and i should buy it now while it's still on the shelf?

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
Stumbled upon this thread while enjoying a bowl of........you guessed it, NIGHTCAP. I guess I never really "got" this blend until very recently. I didn't necessarily enjoy it straight out of the tin, but a little time in a mason jar did wonders for this blend in my case. To me it's exactly what the name advertises, a great way to end the night. Not something I want all day long, but absolutely perfect way to round out my day right before bed. The vitamin "N" doesn't have too much effect on me as a heavy Copenhagen user, but something about the latakia and richness of the Virginia (heavily aged in my case) that leaves me feeling like I've finished off a heavy meal followed by a very rich dessert like cheesecake or creme brulee. Leaves me 100% ready to give my pillow some head (if you know what I mean :lol:). Added a few more tins to my last order to cellar in fear of the seemingly inevitable Dunhill apocalypse!

cosmicbobo

May 11, 2017
John, you gave a better voice to how I feel about DNC. It was dinner and dessert and drinks. Dunhill Aperitif would be the midday or picnic or before dinner smoke for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.