PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cihanb63

Lurker
Mar 20, 2017
İ have just bought 50g of Dunhill London Mixture, im gonna try it tomorrow, anyone smoked before?

framitz

Can't Leave
Oct 25, 2013
Since it has been around for decades we Latakia smokers have all smoked it. You know it will disappear in 18 months. Shel

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I don't think you'll be disappointed in it, it's a good solid English blend. If you like it, buy more, because, as Shel says, it will be gone soon.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Tried it and didn't care for, but it has it's followers.

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
I like London Mixture and usually have a tin lying around. It has a nice oriental forward taste to it and it is one of those blends you could easily smoke exclusively. I am not sure I would categorise it as a beginner's blend though - it is quite a complex little mixture

pancakejake

Lurker
Mar 22, 2017
London mixture is one of my favorites. It's the orientals that do it for me. Complex and well harmonized blend with VA, latakia, and orientals with a good nic punch. Room note may get you thrown out of the house though.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I enjoy a London Mixture quite a bit, I too suggest trying Early Morning Pipe if your new to pipe smoking, as it's quite a bit milder and easier to figure out, flavor wise than LM.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I like it, a LOT......... Been on an Orientals kick for a few months now. Skiff Mixture is another good one. I'm liking the sweet/sour thing that these blends offer. Oh, Peretti's Oriental #40 is awesome too........... :puffy:

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Tasty, mild latakia with some oriental.
+1
Personally I prefer EMP to this one. By the way, I packed a bowl of it for the morning smoke, however didn't have enough time to smoke it. It is waiting for me in my car right now, too bad I work in a smoke-free workplace.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I work in a smoke-free workplace
I'd support the smoke-free workplace if it were also perfume-free, noise-free, facebook-free, etc. But that's not reasonable, they say, so I suggest a workplace where people can smoke near the windows.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
once I tried this I found it had too much nicotine , but again,those days I was quite a novice,while Dunhill classic english mixtures are top notch, I find them too complex for my current liking- its always the same with english/scottish type blend if contain Lat+ orient

oldmojo

Might Stick Around
Jan 9, 2017
Usually my first smoke in the morning. Mild, flavorful, full-bodied, but not overbearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.