PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
Two favorite flakes of mine that are still available are Hamborg Veermaster and Inion Squate. At least iS is available in 8 oz. tins. I’ve also been enjoying Gawith&Hoggarth Brown Flake. There is a mildly aromatic and an unscented. Only in bulk and it’s more earthy than Dunhill but worth a 2 oz. try IMHO.

Mike S.

baublitz

Lurker
Sep 14, 2019
I smoke more of it everyday than anything else & love it.

The only thing I don't like that much is $12.50 ?? a tin.

Is there anything that mirrors it that is more affordable?

Maybe something in bulk?

TIA.
If you are into cellaring, I would recommend buying pounds of bulk flakes to try when your beloved Dunhill Flake is no longer available and your supply runs out. I think all bulk virginia flakes benefit from a couple years in the jar. Dunhill Flake has much more depth and richness than any fresh bulk flake I have tried but that is what aging can add.
I think I'm going to have to pick up a few tins and give Dunhill Flake a try.
Well, guys have been saying that it is impossible to get, and I did a check before making my remark, to verify that it wasn't available. It used to be more available, so did the Gold Brick. I used to buy them all of the time. But...

Hey all, made an account to see if I could get rid of my 1.76 oz tin of Dunhill Flake. I've tried it before and it just wasn't for me. It is unopened with a December 2016 manufacture date.

I guess I'm willing to give it away for cost of shipping but if someone wanted to trade me something for it that would be even cooler. I've been hearing lots about this Plum Pudding but I also like Cult Blood Red moon, certain Lanes, anything aromatic that the wife is cool with. :)

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Dunhill flake is fantastic. I would trade you but I have no aromatics in the tin... And I'm in Canada. Cross border shipping can be a pain

I have an unopened plum pudding sent you a pm.

Hey all, made an account to see if I could get rid of my 1.76 oz tin of Dunhill Flake. I've tried it before and it just wasn't for me. It is unopened with a December 2016 manufacture date.

I guess I'm willing to give it away for cost of shipping but if someone wanted to trade me something for it that would be even cooler. I've been hearing lots about this Plum Pudding but I also like Cult Blood Red moon, certain Lanes, anything aromatic that the wife is cool with. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.