SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kane

Dec 2, 2014
Hi folks,

what is your opinion on Dunhill pipes from around the year 2000, what I believe are referred to as millenium pipes? The pipe is a shell, shape #4103, with a fancy sliver band showing the number 2000 in a cross shape, so I am assuming the pipe is tear 2000, and the contemporary Dunhill logo stamp on the bottom.

Quite nice looking, but I have heard less than positive comments on the newer Dunhills. My experience with Dunhills is limited to the only one that I own, a 1961 Tanshell group 4. That pipe is wonderful, practically smokes itself, and is a very comfortable and cool smoking pipe, but it's for a different time.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

clickklick

Preferred Member
May 5, 2014
Dunhills reputation in the lat 1990s through early 2000s was still ok. Although some would argue that there has been a decline since the 80s. I don't necessarilly agree with that.

jefff

Preferred Member
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I have a 2001 Shell Prince, 4407. It was the first "nice" pipe I ever bought and it's a fine smoker. Not exceptional, but it doesn't suck. The bit is nice enough and it really seems to like Lat blends.
Since that rime I have bought and sold, or tossed, or given away at least 60 other pipes that just didn't cut it for one reason or another. The fact that I still have it speaks for itself.

daveinlax

Preferred Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I have several Dunhill Group 6 and Collectors from the late 90's early 2000's and they are some of my favorite pipes I own. 8O