PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Most of you are aware that on a regular basis I experience mental spasms that I refer to as "ideas," and most of these emerge as completely nonsensical notions that any person of normal cognition would reject immediately. But some of them, sometimes and rarely, turn out to be worth pursuing.
With the FDA (Feds on Drugs Association) breathing down our necks like the rent-seeking bureaucrats we know in our heart of hearts that they are, many of us are turning to homebrew blends, either by purchasing leaf in a relatively unprocessed form or growing, curing, and blending our own tobacco. Since gifting and swapping tobacco remains legal, many of us are passing these around in the backchannel as a means of preparing for tobaccalypse or at least "limited options" in the future.
Keeping that in mind, I figured I'd check to see if there is any interest in a box pass for homebrew blends. Basic agenda is this: blenders mail stuff to someone who throws it in a box and mails it to someone else, and one person keeps track of where it is being sent so that it does not end up languishing in decay behind a beanie baby collection somewhere.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
You should begin with a bag of one tobacco and the next person mixes something else into it... and on and on, eventually ending in a blend of a dozen or so tobaccos. Like that game where each participant adds a sentence to an eventual story :)

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Yea,LOL, "I think I taste a little perique in this somewhere, but the 1Q vanilla subdues it a bit." :rofl:

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
The title lead me to think you were planning on shipping beer around the country for home other brewers to sample. 8O

I'm thinking 15-20 guys equals 15-20 bottles each....damn shipping will be a real boot in the nuts!! lol

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Pretty sure most of what would get passed would be at least 40% lawn clippings and 30% pet hair. So, count me in.

tmb152

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2016
either by purchasing leaf in a relatively unprocessed form or growing, curing, and blending our own tobacco.
Sine nicotine is a drug, I suspect that if the current laws go through unchallenged, at some point, growing your own tobacco will be akin to drug manufacture, and subject to the full regulatory weight of the fed. You will need a drug license, pay fees, need to be inspected annually to assure you meet all 117 regulations, and errant growers out there skirting the law knowingly or otherwise much like Gibson guitar for using a rare wood they obtained fully legally, will be subject to BATF raids by SWAT teams in heavy armor, pointing automatic weapons at your children as they slam you to the deck in a wrist lock and confiscate your plants. You would probably be heavily prosecuted as a dangerous felon. We will all need good lawyers.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
cobguy: Surely we can find someone more competent?
But if not, definitely. I will step up to help the community that I enjoy/appreciate/respect.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
cobguy: Surely we can find someone more competent?
LOL ... you're selling yourself short! :mrgreen:
Let's see what interest arises and take it from there. Here's the list so far:
DeathMetal

BigPond

TwoOneFive

CobGuy

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Since it basically involves putting stuff in a box and keeping track of it, I think I can handle it. Hope that more interest surfaces.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Putting stuff in a box AND keep track of it?!?! You guys are reckless. Pick one thing and focus. You're attempts at multitasking is madness!! Madness I say!

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
You could throw in a bag of lawn clippings too just to see if anyone notices. "The Virginias are very grassy, sweet like newly-mown hay, with a fresh and organic taste. The Burleys feel sun-baked and warm."

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
So far, I've really enjoyed blends by Cobguy and Deathmetal
Thank you, sir! I've been craving DM's Massacra since I ran out ... good stuff. :puffy:
Your home-grown leaf would be a great addition to the box:
DeathMetal

BigPond

TwoOneFive

CobGuy

Cosmic
Edit: I'm going to PM rx2man (Rob) as well ... he has a couple really nice flakes I recently tried.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Any more interest out there?
If not, let's get a mini-pass underway! :puffy:
DeathMetal ... If you'd like, I'll start the box and send it to you first. Then, it can end up back with me to be replenished and sent out again or on to any new people that join the list.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I'm game. If you can fire the box off to me, I'll add my blends. There will be extra Massacra in there too.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Alright! I'll start the box and send you the tracking info.
When it's ready to go from your end, just PM the next recipient and wait to send it until you get confirmation.
Would the others up above please re-post to this thread and confirm your participation? Thanks! :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.