PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

philm68

Lurker
Apr 22, 2014
Has anyone tried any drew estate blends? My local shop carries dunhill, Peterson and drew estate. Its easy to get references for the first two but the drew estate doesn't seem incredibly popular on here. If anyone has/does smook this brand, could you give some of your favorite blend recommendations?
--------------------------

Thanks for being a member and participating.
Thread title fixed.
Please use your Shift key in body text as well.
Please see rule 9 here along with the rest of the forum rules
- Kevin

--------------------------

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
I do recommand a MEAT PIE. medium body, Lakatia/Turkish oriental/verginia,full taste.

virginiacob

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2013
I've smoked Drew Estate Grand Central and Harvest on Hudson. I've enjoyed them both but Grand Central was my favorite of the two. It's a very smooth, easy smoking aromatic Burley/Virginia blend with hints of fruit and coconut/vanilla. If you like aromatics it has a nice flavor but not overwhelming and has a very pleasing room note. Be careful not to draw on it too hard as it will bite if you do, but as long as you sip/breath the blend it is a rather enjoyable smoke in my humble opinion.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Ditto on the Meat Pie; it's very good. I received a tin of the Heirloom Cherry for free with an eBay pipe purchase but gave it to a friend who likes aromatics. He said it was excellent, but his go-to is OTC cherry blends (Borkum or Captain Black?) so take that into consideration.

philm68

Lurker
Apr 22, 2014
I'll get a tin of the grand central and one of the meat pie. Thanks for the suggestions.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Meat Pie has been on my radar. Excuse my laziness but is there a thorough review on here anywhere that I could take a look at?

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Meat Pie is very similar to 965 and Sasieni. From the aromatics I enjoy Harvest on the Hudson, very well done apple blend with good quality baccy under the casings. Grand Central is good but I had one too many bad vanilla blends to where I avoid that flavor as the plague now. Ditto for the cherry one. I'd say the whole line of Drew Estate is similar to Peterson`s offerings .

harlockfan

Might Stick Around
May 8, 2014
@rcstan... I second Harvest on Hudson. I love the blend. But I thinks is great for fall rather than summer. For now....get the Meat Pie. Great stuff!

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Rcstan saying that Meat Pie is close to 965 is reason enough for me to try it. I skimmed through 15 pages of reviews here and not an honorable mention of Meat Pie. Funny how the TAD list grows after looking at so many reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.