PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
Ok so ordered my first real cobs. MM Washington bent with non filtered stems

Can I "chain smoke a cob" with out rest, like 9 bowls back to back.

Cleaning? ??

Which baccys are best in a cob.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Cobs can take a lot of abuse, buy I'm not sure about 9 back to back bowls without a rest, I've never pushed mine that hard.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
My standard advice is to treat a cob much like you would a briar.
+1 But cobs are cheap... so unless it's a really old and sentimental cob... screw it. Pretend you're a raging violent alcoholic and beat the hell out of em.
I think marscigars even gives a discount on cobs if you buy a bunch at a time? Let's just wait for the Cob King to chime in. You'll know him when you see him. :wink:

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
I did just that with my first cob for 2 months straight smoking Half and Half I still have that cob but now I smoke it only once a week and only 3 or 4 bowls in a day.It has this week off because I am abusing my meer all week long.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I still have my first MM cob. I bought it probably 21 or 22 years ago.

I smoked it all day today preparing my garden for the growing season.

Just stuff-n-puff... run a cleaner through it every couple of years.

You should be just fine.... Seriously, though they are tough, and deliver a very decent smoke...

The cob taste goes away... after a couple of bowls.
:puffy:

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I for one will be treating nicely my St Patty's Day cob from SmokingDragon
UUpUS.jpg

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Sorry for the gargantuan pic.
She looks like a good one though, huh?
I've never had a cob pipe, and it still perplexes me how it can withstand a smoke like briar does, although I do believe you Mark.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I tend to go with the folks who like burleys in cobs. A cob and one of the "American Classics" is a match made in heaven.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
9 in a row seems a bit much, but that is the idea, you can smoke them as much as youd like, they are very durable, unlike how they are portrayed. Ive had the same cob for over 2 years now and its still going as strong as the day I got it.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I have done 7 in a row. Before the last Chicago pipe show, I sawed off the top third of my cob. Now it holds enough for about a 15 minute smoke. Great for sampling. Anyway, recently I decided to try 7 of my favorite blends consecutively. Admitedly, after 5 they all tasted the same. No damage to the cob.
Winton

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
You only live once. May as well give it a shot. If your entire mouth gets scortched you will likely have many chances not to repeat the same mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.