Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
This is actually in response to a comment from another thread ... just an FYI regarding PHOTOS in the articles you find on PM.com.
ALL the articles on the site, with the exception of Bob's are set up by me including doing the photos and layout. (Bob does his own layout and photos, actually doing his own publishing on the site.)
All of the other contributors basically send me a Word doc with their writings.
I take it from there. I thought of explaining this since on occasion, someone will ask, "What pipe is that?" And it was suggested to ask the author of the article.
The authors have no idea what their articles will look like, or which photos will be used with them until after they are published by me.
So, for example, all of the articles by Greg, Russ, Carter, Mike Foley ... and even the 3-article series on Meerschaums by Fred - all the photos, and layouts for all of those article are done by me, personally.
I don't take all the of photos personally, but I have taken hundreds of pictures for the site, and so has Bob and a whole bunch of other people.
All the event coverage articles, photos and video are in-house (Bob or I). Photos in monthly columns are a combo of in-house and hired out. Pipe Babe photos are all done by professional photographers.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Curiosity killed the cat....I couldn't help myself. but personally I thought it was highly informative and enlightening. I've always been fascinated reading the thoughts of brilliant advanced minds. :worship:

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Ok, is it less boring if I tell you I am editing photos right now from the latest Pipe Babe Shoot?
Here's a sneak peek.
Say hello to Violet.
violet-34.jpg

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
I knew a Violet once, but when her husband introduced us, I misunderstood her name.
Hi Mike, this is my wife, she's Violent.
8O
That, and the fact she weighed 400 pounds, had me keeping my distance.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Looks to be another great addition to the Pipe Babe collection. Looking forward to seeing more of Violet.

yoru

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2011
Usually people put something interesting behind such titles. Hnn, that seems a tad strange. Isn't it odd that even the eldest among us can't resist doing something just because we were told not to?

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
I've always done what I was told not to hence beginning to smoke. If I hadn't read it I'd missed our newest babe. Just don't let me watch nukes.

Status
Not open for further replies.