PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
img_0389-600x450.jpg

My black lab got it in his head that my Ken Sukurai freehand looked just like his chew toy so he took it out of my ashtray and this is the result. In the past I have read about the excellent work done by Walker Briar Works, do you think he can restore my "baby" to pristine condition?

acme

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2011
No way you are going to buff that out. You will have to sand down below the finish to get the bottom of the wounds, so you might as well take it all the way down and put an all new finish on it. Going to need a new stem anyhow, huh.
I understand the problem, though. While my dog doesn't chew on pipes, he jumps up on my desk frequently and has broken two or three tenons by knocking pipes to the floor. I just repair them and continue petting him.
anthony

deleon

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 7, 2011
Texas
At least you were able to get your pipe back, my dog got a hold of pipe from my counter and all I found was half a bowl everything else was gone!!

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Well you will need to decide if its worth it to get it fixed bro. Complete sanding, staining and stem can be expensive. Although I wouldn't do more than replace the stem personally, good conversation piece. Maybe the next trick you train your dog to do will be to pack it and smoke it rather than refinish it for you.

buzkirk

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
Shame, it seems one of Ken Sakurai trademarks is the hand colored stems he makes to compliment the pipe.

So alot of the value was in the stem.

You might try and contact him to fix,

http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=Sakurai
Tom

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Wow. That would put my dog on my shit list for a week lol
"You'll eat the dogfood you hate and like it!"
*1 day later*
"Who's a good doggy that gets the best dogfood money can buy?!"
I'm a total sap when it comes to animals.
The wife has two devil cats atm... Praise Merlin they leave my pipes n tobacco alone.
Sorry for your loss. Fix her up if she's worth it. Or just replace the stem and smoke on.

joe912

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2011
Wasilla, Alaska
Dont have a dog but if I dont keep an eye on baccy left out to dry my cats will eat it.
You left out the part where the cat will puke it up n the hallway in the middle of the night. You discover it at 4:30 a.m. by stepping in it on your way to the bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.