PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
How can You stay mad when he gives you this face every time you scold him?

img_0339-600x450.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'd be happy to strip, sand and restain the bowl, but I can't help you on the stem. Walker Briarworks could make a new stem for you ($50 or so if you need the replacement to be Cumberland.)
That is tough luck.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I can do anything. Puppy eyes or not. I'm a hard-ass alpha in my house and I don't put up with BS from my dog. If it were my dog.... Damn dude. You just achieved Saint status in my eyes. My dog'd be dead. Or on his way to someone else's house... And I'd be the worst dad of the century to my daughter...
-Jason

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Wow! don't know what to say but sorry man. I had a black lab growing up. He'd do stupid things like eat horse shit and have it caked in his gums. They're dogs.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
I can do anything. Puppy eyes or not. I'm a hard-ass alpha in my house and I don't put up with BS from my dog. If it were my dog.... Damn dude. You just achieved Saint status in my eyes. My dog'd be dead. Or on his way to someone else's house...
At the end of the day it's just a pipe. Dogs will be dogs. It's not like he did it on purpose.......or did he?

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
My pipe is in the mail from Walker Briar Works. I can't wait to see the restoration he did. I will post the pictures when I receive it.

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
I have heard nothing but good things about Walker Briar Works. Can't wait to see what they did.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I can hardly wait for the pictures. It's like a free present.
Well I guess technically it cost you munny... so....We'll stick with "free" present for now.
I'm guessing the scratches were sanded out and it was re-stained. Shouldn't be too hard for a Pro like Walker Briar Works to do. Hurry up Post office!

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
Sorry about that. I have two Golden retriever puppies that are going through the stage of grabbing anything left within reach on a counter or table. You gotta look at from their point of view, the guy they admire the most sucks and chews on this piece of wood and plastic, it must be a pretty good stick to chew on, lets just have a little taste.
I'm sure it will be great and you'll have a great story to go with it.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
@keith929....sorry about the pipe but I applaud your positive attitude to the dog. As painful as it seems the pipe can be replaced, your best friend cannot. Looking forward to seeing the repair.

deadwoodpete

Lurker
May 31, 2012
Hope the restoration goes well for you, Keith.
Sorry this happened, but it does go to show the Lab has good taste. In pipes and tobacco. I'd about bet if he had thumbs, he'd have layered the pipe, fired that bad boy up, and kicked back in the easy chair. 'Corse then you'd never get it back from him. ;) :D

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Dang!!! I would have been so mad but being an animal lover, I could not have been mad long with that face.

Either way I am extremely bummed for you and I hope it gets restored back to a beautiful condition or close at least. Keep us tuned in to how it goes with fixing that problem.

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
You left out the part where the cat will puke it up n the hallway in the middle of the night. You discover it at 4:30 a.m. by stepping in it on your way to the bathroom.
:lol: :rofl:
I have had that happen waaayyyyy too many times to count and it is, as I am sure you know, one of the most unpleasant things to step in early in the morning or any time of day for that matter!

Generally I wake everyone else up due to the cussing after I step in it.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
I received my Ken Sukurai back from Walker Briar Works today. Even though it has been almost 2 months it was well worth the wait. IMHO Dave's craftsmanship is second to none. Don't take my word for it take a look for yourselves.

Sorry about the focusing problems my hands were shaking from excitement.
img_0390-600x538.jpg
img_0392-2-600x388.jpg
img_0394-562x600.jpg

terry

Oct 7, 2011
I would say the briar can be sanded down to remove the scratch marks and be restained. But I'm no expert. Looks like you need to buy your dog his/her own pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.