PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

olewaylon

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2012
I clean out empty candle jars really well and then store my tobacco in them. It works great and is a visually pleasing representation of my stash.
7DE58F26-B001-4F0B-A372-3ED580EFF971-1071-000000970E1264DB.jpg

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
Can not see image?? Does it take long to get the candle smell out if the jars.

Nevermind just came up..

olewaylon

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2012
I had to edit my original post to get the image to show up. I put the open candle on a stove to heat it up and burn of any residual wax and then use some harsh cleaning products on it to get all of the candle scent out. after 2 runs through the dish washer you cant smell anything.

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
Sweet, good for you. We go through about 20 of those size candles a year might try one time.

Jeff

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Don't forget that its not just about having a jar that is scent free, its also about having a jar that provides proper storage conditions.
If you go through your tobacco fast it might be alright, but keep in mind that those jars are not meant to provide much of a seal...
In my opinion, it sounds like you've gone through a lot of trouble to try and salvage some jars of questionable utility.
If it works for you then that is fine, but I'd personally prefer something with a guaranteed seal that was food grade and that I didn't have to use heavy chemicals to clean.

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
My used candle jars hold water well and are similar to yours. I believe there sbould be no prob

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
"In my opinion, it sounds like you've gone through a lot of trouble to try and salvage some jars of questionable utility."
I was thinking the same thing.
But I guess you gotta put your Waylon stickers on something.

olewaylon

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2012
Foggymountain, I knew someone else had to be doing this! glad to get some validity. I've never had any problems getting out smell or having the tobacco dry out. I only have 3 of them and I fill them with the tobacco that i regularly smoke. I do use mason jars for the tobacco i intend to make it past the apocalypse..

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
...or you could wait until your membership status rises high enough to get

The Official PipesMagazine.com Twin Canister Set...

Cannisters.jpg

(Ya, I know, they're not identical twins.) :rofl:

bcirka

Lurker
Aug 28, 2012
I've never done that. I just buy those Ball jars from the store, but I'm guessing since you said you clean these out well, that there would be no issue with flavor contamination.

Status
Not open for further replies.