PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I have a super soft leather Comoy pouch that came with a pipe I bought. I can manipulate it into any bag my pocket, etc. I use it for all my tobacco . It has one fold and snap closure. I do have another zippered pouch, but it is a bit firmer leather and is my back up

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I have a 4th Generation leather pouch, (without snaps or zippers) but use it seldom as I like to have several blends handy when I travel.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I've got a couple small leather pouches that work well for trips but I don't really use them for every day use.

Jobey_Zipper_No_Pocket_904_Front_WM__94082.1356033302.1280.1280.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have a Tim West leather pouch with two tobacco pouches, but since I gravitate toward larger pipes, it is rarely used. One pipe usually lasts me all day smoking it on and off.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I have a Jobey leather pouch like Fitzy, but mine also holds one pipe, and has a slot for a few pipe cleaners. It's my everyday pouch.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Sometimes. I have a couple, one folding and the other a zipper pouch with a pipe compartment. Both are properly lined and the zipper has a lip which seals very well. Which one gets used depends on circumstances and pocket capacity. The one with the pipe pocket is a bit bulky and not satisfactory in pants pockets. The folder handy when wearing a sport coat or, very rarely, my going to a funeral suit.
For every day, I usually carry a few tins or sandwich bags in my camera kits and ruck sack.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
A simple fold and snap leather pouch, that was part of a pouch and case set, is my go to for dress occasions. Problem with it though is that peices of tobacco find their way out. I have a Castleford zipper pouch, and an old pigskin Mastercraft pouch. Each have undesireable aspects, are impossible clean, and ultimately my tobacco would dry out in a matter of hours, the best pouch I ever owned was a plaid fabric roll-up, which kept an ounce of tobacco reasonably fresh for a day, but of course, I had tie a shoestring around it to keep it from unraveling.

These days I just use a small tin if I need a pocket carry, otherwise, I just take my pipe bag with a few tins or zip lock bags.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Rarely... I have a small bag that I carry with me in my vehicle that I use most of the time. I can fit four pipes in it, and several tins of tobacco. If I know I'm going to be somewhere and only need one tobacco and one pipe then I'll grab my pipe/tobacco pouch/case and use it. Again it's not very often.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
When I travel with my pipes I take this thing along. Got it at an antique store.
Before I got this I just used a double zip lock bag for tobacco and threw that and everything in a small camera bag with a couple of pies and everything else.
tobacco%20pouch_zpswno8jeki.jpg

Reactions: KORNEY

hugodrax

Can't Leave
Jan 24, 2013
Definitely. I have a couple of rollups and one zippered. Most convenient way I know to carry tobacco. Calfskin is the way to go, I think.

alexnorth

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2015
I had a Peterson combo pouch but I gave it to a friend. Just the other day I got a suede zipper holster kind of that holds a pipe but I can't carry any tobacco in it.

randelli

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 21, 2015
I have a small pouch that came with a 2 pipe bag, and sometimes use a mini altoids tin. Sadly, unlike tuold, I don't have room for a couple of pies - but how awesome would that be?!

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I've had the Peterson "avoca" 3 pipe bag for just under a year now. It's held up great for daily use.
5fIBqE5.jpg

There's a smallish button pouch on the inside for tobacco but I usually use little zip bags to keep my days blends organized and neat..
FCJ9TlG.jpg

Reactions: KORNEY

bonanzadriver

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2016
Being a thrifty piper (Ok, I'm a csob) and being that I usually only smoke in the mancave, deck, office lounge or the golf course, I only need one baccy survival kit...
https://dagnerpipes.com/product/ttt-odell-pipe-roll-bag-gen-3/
This has worked out well for me on the golf course. I keep my golf pipe (a Zulu) and three different tobacco's, as well as a cob (in case one of my golfin mates wants to enjoy), some lighters and tampers.
Yesterday for instance I had 1 briar, 1 cob, two toobaccos in zip locs and one in it's pouch, 2 lighters, tamper and 4 cigars. All fit in the rollup just fine.
So, to answer the op. No, Canvas, ziplocs. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.