PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
All of mine have holes in them. My wife has been after me to throw them away, and buy new pairs. I told her.
"NO. Absolutely not. They match my underwear!"

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
Excellent timing, today I replaced all of my old socks with new! I will wear t-shirts until there isn't enough material to hold it together anymore, but as soon as my socks get a hole, or the elastic won't hold them up, they get tossed in my rag bin.

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
They get turned into one time use dust rags, then the trash.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I'm on my feet most of the work day so good socks are important ... no holes or "saggers".
Underwear is another story ... gave that up decades ago! :puffy:

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I'm with cobguy. I beat the hell out of my feet at work, so good socks and shoes, in good condition, are a big thing. They get replaced often, but since I'm a mechanic, anything made out of cloth gets recycled into rags. Go green!

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
If you want to buy tobacco instead, you can substitute for socks by painting on a light grey paint. Lasts for a few showers too.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Hey Frank-

Really enjoyed that link about the timber camp you put up a while ago. If you come across more like that, don't forget to share! And good luck with the sock situation...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I thought you meant pipe socks, the little bags new pipes come in, and was ready to respond to that. Instead, I have a suggestion on socks, although this will sound geezerly, I think it's a good one. All of my life I've worn socks with a lot of elastic in the ankle and shin portion. Many of these are so constricting, they leave a compressed area in the shin when you take them off at night. This was causing a "process" on some broken veins from an old ankle injury, so I tried a drugstore pair of "diabetic" socks, which are made with much looser elastic. I later found some at a low price online that came in a selection of colors, conservative but a better variety than just black, khaki, and white. Much better on the blood flow in your feet an ankles. Wasn't sure how they'd be, but they're good. My wife is sending some of the old ones to a friend who loses socks a lot, and I took the rest to Goodwill. I'll miss a few of the garish patterns, but otherwise, I think this is good for my feet.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Mine get turned into dog toys.
funny-dog-meme-my-_50-dog-toys-that-my-owner-buys-just-arent-as-good-as-his-socks.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.