Do You Sometimes Feel That Your Body Becomes Tired of Too Much Nicotine?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
After I smoke a couple of bowls (not necessarily heavy on nicotine), sometimes (actually it's happening quite often), I feel that I can't smoke anymore for the rest of the day or so. Unless I take a big rest.
Does this happen to you and bother you?
Any solutions?
It bothers me a lot because I want to smoke more but the overload of nicotine doesn't allow me to.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Never with a pipe. I've hurt myself pretty badly with a couple of cigars that were waaay too big for one sitting, though!

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Oh, yeah. I forgot that you inhale pipe smoke. If you stop doing that, you could probably smoke all day long.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
That's your body's safety mechanism kicking in to save you from yourself. As vexing as it might be for getting in the way of your passion, it's best to listen to it. :wink:

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Not long ago, I got in a few bulk blends that I ordered and of course I had to try them all. After two back to back bowls of Conniston Cut Plug, I got ran over by the nicotine freight train. Pretty much stopped me dead in the tracks for the rest of the day. This has happened to me a few times if I overdo it with the stronger blends.
I'm now smoking 6, 10, sometimes 12 bowls a day and can feel myself getting used to the nicotine but still get walloped once in awhile. Definitely puts me off the pipe for a few hours or even the rest of the day.
I do actually enjoy the feel of a mild nicotine buzz but when it hits hard and fast, not so much.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Are you describing nicotine intoxication? It can happen ... never experienced it myself, but it can happen. And if your body tells you, stop, then I agree with Olkofri, you need to listen to it.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
If you space out the times when you smoke your pipe, it becomes easier. If you don't overdo things (whatever that means specifically for you), your body will thank you. This goes for nicotine, caffeine, sugar, alcohol, anything.

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
So, I guess it has to do with the pervasive habit of still sometimes inhaling medium or medium-to-strong smokes.
When I inhaled very mild smokes, this didn't happen.
I will try to do what I can to deal with this harmful habit.

recluse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2011
I constantly forget not to inhale. It's a pervasive habit...
Have something sweet (with sugar) to drink with your bowls to also help offset that.
Ultimately, if you're sucking down smoke and inhaling like a cigarette smoker, you're gonna have a bad time.

luigi

Can't Leave
May 16, 2017
Europe
I think it's normal to not be able or to have hard time to smoke several bowls in a row, specially when loaded with stronger blends. I usually smoke 2-3 bowls a day, if I were a clencher I would probably smoke more. I don't enjoy smoking any more once I a get a decent dose of nicotine, sometimes it happens even after the first third of the bowl.

I would strongly recommend you to consider your inhaling habit, you really aren't doing any good to yourself. I can imagine though how persistent it can be but don't give up, the sooner you quit it the longer you will be able to puff happily. ;)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Machado, despite your history with cigarettes, it seems you are somewhat or quite sensitive to nicotine. First, pipe smoke isn't meant to be inhaled. You can do whatever you want, but inhaling will probably do you no favors. Don't smoke any more than you enjoy. If that means a bowl a day, or every other, or every week, I'd do that. No law against moderation.

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
Thanks Luigi!
And MSO,

Machado, despite your history with cigarettes, it seems you are somewhat or quite sensitive to nicotine. First, pipe smoke isn't meant to be inhaled. You can do whatever you want, but inhaling will probably do you no favors. Don't smoke any more than you enjoy. If that means a bowl a day, or every other, or every week, I'd do that. No law against moderation.
There's some truth in that. I'm not as tolerant as I thought. I thought that because I inhaled cigars and nothing happened... I still don't understand that.
Pipe smoke seems much stronger than cigar smoke to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.