Do you smoke your pipe when you have a sore throat?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
Not inhaling of course... Since the smoke is only in the mouth I don't see a problem necessarily. Do you think there is?
Please discourse.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
No. It's not good to smoke when you are suffering from a sore throat or sinus problem.

It just doesn't taste or smell the same.

Sep 18, 2015
Sometimes, sometimes not, if I’m sick and can’t taste anything then there’s not much point to it.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
If I can taste and smell it, I will. Sometimes a cold will numb all senses of taste and smell and at that point, I'll lay it off for a while.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I smoke everyday regardless. I will French inhale a cherry blend to sooth a sore throat though.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Let the smoke slowly flow out of your mouth and inhale through your nose.
https://youtu.be/URS94h6ukmY

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Just don't make a habit of it and only do it for the sore throat. Any other time when not having a sore throat I just retrohale.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Sure, if I want a bowl, I smoke a bowl. Sometimes my physical condition precludes the desire. Inhaling or not you are still pushing oxygen out of the blood and so, retarding the healing of any ailment. And, I don't doubt that some find certain blends to be soothing.

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
I abstain while anything with my sinuses is off. I've been with running nose for a few weeks now and have not smoked at all.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I prefer not to, if it's an acute problem. Sometimes it's caused by pipe smoking itself: latakia is just inimical to my throat.
I've a sinus problem too, but since that's cronic, I don't let it get in the way of my smoking. However, I try not to retrohale; alas, I end up doing so a few times, incidentally/accidentally.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Not often. Pipe smoke constricts capillaries, the little blood vessels, and slows healing, so you could be setting yourself back. Depends on how you heal. If you're young and/or especially robust, you may be able to shrug off just about any bodily complaint, but I wouldn't push your luck. Corny, but true ... listen to your body.

I will smoke my pipe over a dozen times a day, easy... but, as soon as my health is involved, like a cough or sore throat, I have no problem putting my pipe down. IMO, I would be pretty stupid to continue smoking through a weakness in health. But, as soon as I am felling better, it's back to burning...

Status
Not open for further replies.