Do You Smoke More Or Less In Fall And Winter?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

72 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
24 Fresh Brigham Pipes
3 Fresh Ping Zhan Pipes
48 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes
24 Fresh Estate Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

okiematt

Lurker
Mar 28, 2019
Oklahoma
I live in Oklahoma and smoke outside so I think it all averages out. 105 deg during the summer is not fun. 20 deg in the winter is no bueno. Our weather changes so fast so I just take advantage when I can. This past Sunday it was 73 degrees in the afternoon. Monday it was 23.

Spa32

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2019
Wisconsin, USA
About the same. I have a room in the basement to smoke in the Winter. If not for the room, I would smoke a lot less in the Fall/Winter.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Being down here in Florida its pretty warm all year round so I tend to smoke when ever. Back in NY I smoke in my balcony office but even that can get pretty chilly on a cold day so I tend to smoke a lot less.

stbruno70

Jul 9, 2013
I now live in rambling old Victorian house in New England where I have a man cave on the top floor (former servant's room?) and I can smoke inside year round. I enjoy heavier blends in cold weather - by heavier I mean either Lat or Turkish forward.

In my youth in the UK we smoked our pipes in the pubs with a pint of bitter or Northern Mild and nobody cared. Warm, friendly places then. Now when I go back to Blighty you are lucky be allowed a puff even outside the pub on a terrace, and in winter it is chilly indeed.

Reactions: UncleRasta

mindglue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2016
About the same, in winter time (well, California winter) I smoke more often English/Oriental blends.

Reactions: UncleRasta
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I smoke about the same all year long. I might smoke a few more cigars in the summer since I play some golf and a pipe is a royal PITA on the golf course. I smoke the same blends all year long.

Frozenoak

Can't Leave
Oct 9, 2019
Lake Elsinore, CA
I'm smoking more now than I ever have. It's not really a winter thing so much as a discovery thing. I've been exploring a lot of tinned tobaccos which weren't on my radar for a long time. Something to do with sticker shock I'm sure.

americaman

May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Last winter I smoked almost never because it was so rainy and cold out. I smoked a couple of times inside. I love spring and summer for smoking. I know some don’t like summer smoking, but I started in spring/summer so I have good memories with it.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
noticed I smoke slightly more in the winter. For two reasons some days you can't smoke too cold and windy mainly too windy, but also people stay in so more enjoyable. Though biggest difference is I start smoking more latakia in the winter. It tastes better then for some reason.

Reactions: diamondback

Saintwilliam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2019
Fall, more because it’s so beautiful as the leaves change colours. And the winter muuuuch less because... Toronto winters are just unpleasant

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Way more in the "winter". Living in Arizona, and having to smoke outside, it's not really pleasant to smoke a pipe or a cigar when it's 110.

Status
Not open for further replies.