Do You Smoke More Or Less In Fall And Winter?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack T

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2019
I smoke only in the Fall and Winter. I tend not to smoke when it gets hot outside.

JohnnyAZ

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 14, 2019
I tend to smoke about the same all year, the weather here in S. Az is temperate enough to allow all 4 seasons of outdoor smoking. I do like to smoke my latakia blends in the fall and winter though.

echambers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 21, 2017
Less in the summer because I also tend to smoke more cigars in the summer.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
The last few (outside, cold) bowls have been underwhelming, with the exception of one bowl of Petehill 965. The rest were blends without Latakia and I couldn’t get good flavour out of them in a cold garage.

I think I’m not going to bother with the pipes during the winter. Or maybe I’ll just try heavier Latakia blends and forego a pipe when that’s not my mood.

Aug 1, 2012
Everywhere I have lived before, with the exception of Vegas, has had the same answer. More in fall, less in winter, more in summer. Why no spring? It doesn't really exist in most of those places.

Now however, I live in India and the answer is...I rarely smoke anymore. It's just too blasted hot. When it gets down to 72° F it's monsoon. The rest of the year it rarely drops below 80° F and the humidity sucks for pipe smoking.

Maybe I'll change my mind someday if I can get used to the heat but the only times I'll get to smoke is when I go back home for the summers or go one holiday in a less toasty climate.

Status
Not open for further replies.