PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
My wife, rest her soul, dug deep and found a wee pocket of whimsy in me. She nurtured it. For that I am forever grateful to her. Life became much more enjoyable with whimsy.
I am sorry for your loss, Warren. Wives do have a way of helping us embrace whimsy.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
DH Nightcap as the sun rises to when I finally trot of to bed - month in, month out.
Still, "(red cork = lat, green = VaPer, plain = Virginia, green = Aro)" is brilliant, Charles. I do admire a process and a procedure and yours nails it.
Whimsically,
Fnord

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
I really only smoke lat blends and va/per blends, so yes i smoke them no matter the season.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I am sorry for your loss, Warren. Wives do have a way of helping us embrace whimsy.
I am sorry to learn that, Warren; May she rest in peace. And thanks for your whimsy, all whimsy here from all those who bring it.
It also made me think of Ian Carmichael playing Lord Peter Wimsey, which I find whimsical.

jrenko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2016
Scandinavia
I smoke english blend all year round but i think lighter stuff do taste better in the summer like Frog Morton to name one.

Pirate kake for an example is something i enjoy more in the winter time.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
No No No!
I get much more flavor from English blends in the fall and winter. I don't mind a very light English in the summer evenings, something like Purple Cow.

addamsruspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
I find that some blends are very much impacted by the seasons. Example is Nightcap and Early Morning, I love them in the colder months but come summer they stop doing it for me. I will admit that it is very possible that it has more to do with my own bodies reaction to different temps that affects how they taste to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.