PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danno44

Lurker
Jan 4, 2017
I smoke everything all year long. Doesn't matter to me the time of year/weather etc. if I feel like an English I smoke it, and it's my preferable baccy so I smoke a lot of English style belnds daily.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'll sing in the choir on this one. If I have a taste for English, I smoke it. I don't give it a second thought. Same thing with Va and Va/Per in the winter. Or spicy chili in the summer for that matter. My taste cravings aren't seasonal.

allthebass

Might Stick Around
May 7, 2017
Bettendorf, IA
I smoke what I want, when I want it. Never been one to subscribe to the seasonal theory of blend choice.

I don't really either but I definitely have seasonal cravings...like American English Burley blends in the summer (especially while doing yard work) and the occsassional (nostalgic) aromatic around Christmas. I have no problem smoking heavy Latakia blends flavor-wise in the summer but there something about the feeling hot, humid and covered in campfire essence that is less appealing on hot summer nights.... though it does keep the knats at bay! ;-)

jaq6q

Might Stick Around
Jul 5, 2015
I crave aromatics and milder blends like EMP when it is hot outside.

But I also smoke English blends at night when hot weather cools down.

I wish I could smoke inside my room with A/C. Then I could smoke anything anytime! :puffy:

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Sometimes I crave Virginias and Lat/orientals at the same time. I usually load multiple pipes and go back and forth between blends. I love my Englishes but lean toward VAs during the warmer months.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I guess I fall into the I smoke whatever suits my fancy at a given moment. I go outside with 2 pipes ready to smoke on the chance that the first one I light up does not hit the right notes. If not, I let it cool off, put a trimmed cork in it (this is only to let me know that it's packed and ready to go and with what (red cork = lat, green = VaPer, plain = Virginia, green = Aro) and fire up the other.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Yup, smoke lat blends all year round. I may be less apt to reach for one in the middle of the day, but I still do.

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
I'm less of a lat guy these days, preferring Va/Per's, Va/Bur's and Va/Bur/Per's.

I do still load up the occasional tasty Dunhill English blend now and then, regardless of season.

woopigpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Arkansas
I'm certainly a seasonal guy. I love the transitions from one to the next and having a litany of things to look forward to. I'll often have certain foods, drinks, and etc. that I ONLY enjoy during that particular season. It is just the ebb and flow I love experiencing with each year. It gives you more appreciation for something you've saved for that time.
Having said that, latakia heavy blends are my fall/winter smokes.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I usually select a blend based strictly on the quality of the artwork on the tin, the penmanship of label for bags, and sometimes, when feeling particularly whimsical, whichever tin is third from the bottom in the stack. Temperature, ambient or otherwise, dew point, relative humidity, barometric pressure, etc. are never considered.
Or... as sable so eloquently stated, what and when I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.