Do You like the Pipe Made of Olive Wood?

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Search on Site

Recent Posts

bienden

Jan 5, 2019
Hanoi, Vietnam
I looked at the picture of Olive wood pipes and enjoyed them.

So, I ordered some wood from Israel and tried to cut them.

This type of wood is quite interesting, much different from Briar.

Easy to shape and perfect, the wood grain appeared very unexpectedly ... and hic, the crack also revealed unexpectedly.

Although I had to throw in the trash a lot of unfinished products, I had some Olive wood pipes.

Please see the Ray fish Pipes I make

seanv

Preferred Member
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Very nice pipe. I don’t have an olive wood pipe but I am intertested in buying one eventually.

civilwar

Preferred Member
Mar 6, 2018
Beautiful Pipe. I have a couple of olive wood pipes, they are great smokers.

saltedplug

Preferred Member
Jul 24, 2016
I thiunk it ob vious that you are selling your pipes; however, you lack the post count to do so. You might look at the rules for buying/selling in the stickies.

hoosierpipeguy

Preferred Member
Jan 28, 2018
Who cares? Perhaps he just wants to show off his work. I'm not a fan of olive wood for smoking but they sure look nice.

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member
Jan 8, 2013
I thiunk it ob vious that you are selling your pipes; however, you lack the post count to do so. You might look at the rules for buying/selling in the stickies.
:roll: I haven't seen in any of his posts yet where he has offered to sell. Anybody else? ...anyone? Didn't think so.
Very nice looking pipe, Bienden.

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
No offer, no price. I'll take this at face value, just a look-see. Plenty show off their pipes on a thread. But a fair reminder, wait until you have the posts to sell anything.

macaroon

Oct 2, 2015
Michigan
I'm not usually a fan of bamboo shanks, but it goes very well with the color and grain of the olive wood. Very lovely pipe

olkofri

Preferred Member
Sep 9, 2017
I've been interested in one. Some say they tend to smoke hot, though. Is that true?

bienden

Jan 5, 2019
Hanoi, Vietnam
I thiunk it ob vious that you are selling your pipes; however, you lack the post count to do so. You might look at the rules for buying/selling in the stickies
Thank you for your prompt.

I am an Architect. Crafting pipes is just my hobby, not income. So, I have no intention to sell the pipe I made now.

Thanks "anthonyrosenthal" for understanding me

Thanks 'macaroon", "upnorth1", "jpmcwjr", "headhunter" and the others who applauded my work.

I've been interested in one. Some say they tend to smoke hot, though. Is that true?
It is not hotter than Briar wood. However, it is a little different: at the first few smokes, you will see a little spicy smoke. Perhaps due to the essential oils of Olive wood. Luckily it will disappear after that.
# I wonder that my topic can violates the rules of the forum?, and does it bother you? I'm newbie, if I'm wrong, please remind me. Thank you.

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member
Jan 8, 2013
I wonder that my topic can violates the rules of the forum?, and does it bother you? I'm newbie, if I'm wrong, please remind me. Thank you.
The rule is that you must have a post count of at least 100, plus be a member for four months before buy, sell, or trade. You didn't offer either of these, so you did nothing wrong. A member just seems to forget that this is indeed a pipe forum and someone might post photos of their pipes here. Nothing to worry about. I hope to see more of your pipes in the near future. The pipes you've shown so far are quite nice. :clap: