PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
My phobia is the enema bag.
I grew up in the 50’s with a mother who had a fondness for giving enemas. Don’t get me wrong, I loved my mother, God rest her soul, but she had this thing about giving me and my siblings enemas.
My mother wasn’t a cruel person, nope, she was loving and caring. But that damn enema bag turned her into a different person.
The big red bag hung on the inside of the bathroom door always ready for use. It was the largest enema bag I’d ever seen. You could add gallons of water to that thing. I don’t think they make enema bags that big anymore. If they do, they should be outlawed. It’s a cruel kind of punishment to use enema bags that are that big. If they wanna make enema bags that big, then use them on terrorists when they’re interrogated. Believe me, they’ll talk. When my mother used that big bag on us, we squealed like pigs.
“Big red” we used to call it. If I or my brother or sisters said we were even a bit not feeling well, mom would scream. “Get in the bathroom.”
If we just coughed, mom would grab “big red.”
“But mom. It’s just a cough.”
“Shut up and get in the bathroom.”
And when mom gave an enema…it wasn’t just your ordinary enema. Nope, her enemas were legendary. She would use the entire contents of “big read”.
Yup, enema bags...they’re my phobia.

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
Frank, that's disturbing, very disturbing. Sorry that you had to endure such therapy.
On-the-other-hand,
If they wanna make enema bags that big, then use them on terrorists when they’re interrogated. Believe me, they’ll talk. When my mother used that big bag on us, we squealed like pigs.
Water-butting - augmented, deep interrogation. Could this replace Water-boarding?

orobusto

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2015
New York
Sounds like my grandmother. Along with the big red enema, she would use homemade foul smelling ointments and poultrices. Luckily my mom would keep me away from her when I was sick. I'm sure my dad had to learn to "go with the flow" when he was a kid though!

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I was gonna say werewolves, which even if real I don't think could beat your phobia. Close, butt big red wins.

My late wife fretted over whether the babies had pooped, my mom fretted over it with us also, castor oil, blech... My current wife now frets about whether the dog has pooped, "when was the last time someone had seen the cat poop?" I have never understood the female preoccupation with everyone's business.

snowyowl

Oct 21, 2015
So.

Is this why hotdogs are so popular (in the subconscious)?!

What does it say, if I order an "IndianaFrank" with mustard and relish... extra relish?

Maybe it is all clear now: in the mid-West, hotdogs with catsup (is a thing)...

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
I uh....hmmmm. Nope. Wow.
That's all. I'm going to finish my coffee and look at the other topics here.
You have painted such a vivid picture...big red may haunt me now.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Frank, you've truly outdone yourself with this post. It takes a lot of courage to open up about such sensitive matters, but sometimes you just gotta let it all out (no pun intended). And imo, the need for an occasional belt of booze is perfectly understandable when experiencing a PTSD attack from a flashback to a childhood encounter with the "dreaded apparatus".
Kramer's encounter with big red:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4vsrBfYx8w

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
Big Red 8O
little-enema-card-25.jpg

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
Am I the only one with a phobia?
How come no one has admitted to their fear?
OMG. Am I the only one with a phobia? Great...now I gotta worry about looking like an ass for starting this thread.
And that creates another phobia.

Status
Not open for further replies.