PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Tight underground spaces. I no longer go in them. Standing on a cliff edge with nothing to hang onto. But those are pretty rational. Don't know if it's a phobia, but I hate gore be it in a movie (just watched Patriot Day), or a televised operation. I don't like movies that deal in the supernatural or fantasy, unless Sci-Fi-Fi.
Being tailgated at 70+ is both a phobia and a fear based in reality and percentages.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
"Luposlipaphobia is the fear of being pursued by timber wolves around a kitchen table while wearing socks on a newly waxed floor."
Now that's just silly.
Or is it . . .

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
Wow, just wow.

You made my fear of snakes and Alien anal probes seem like very small potatoes.

Although you have to keep an eye on those alien ass freaks.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
"Luposlipaphobia is the fear of being pursued by timber wolves around a kitchen table while wearing socks on a newly waxed floor."
Now that's just silly.
Or is it . . .
It's only silly until you find yourself in the kitchen wearing socks after waxing the floor and you hear the howling...... 8O

crow

Lurker
Jan 13, 2015
I'm with Scrooge, spiders!!!!! Specifically banana spiders, as I've always called them. I'm normally a calm and level person, but I absolutely freak when I see one of those. Other than that heights is my other fear. Indianafrank, sorry to hear about your misfortune growing up. I do find it interesting the " home remedies" of later times. I suppose I should feel fortunate to have grown up in the 80's and my parent's philosophy was was doesn't kill me makes me stronger hahaa.

sajgre

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2010
What I find interesting is the fact that everybody seems to be using enema bag at some point while here in Slovenia it is as far as I know non existent in home medicine. When would one use it except when constipated? I wonder what do we use that USA people don't.

lohengrin

Lifer
Jun 16, 2015
Since I was a child I have a phobia (now it is just an annoyance) with dress buttons, above all those with a mother-of-pearl look.

The only explanation I can find for this is that it started, maybe, after seeing the 1962 French movie "War of the Buttons".

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
Well this thread started on an unexpected note...
I finally fully accepted my phobia of needles when I was giving blood and started to get light-headed and woozy, THEN the nurse said "OK, I'm going to insert the needle now". I woke up a bit later with a nurse on either side of me unfolding my arms and a large orderly holding down on my chest. I told the nurse "this isn't really worth it for the donut and juice." She replied that it'd probably be best if I didn't come back.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Yes...two. Wheelchair handles/grips and a catheter shoved into my willy. No explanation about the wheelchair handles they just creep me out and I haven't had to have a catheter...yet.

nitemair13

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2018
North Carolina
I have agoraphobia which ties into the anxiety disorder. I basically can't leave my house sometimes and when I do, I have to know where I'm going and then straight back home. Crowds are a no go, I'll lose it if I'm in a crowd.
Also have a fear of wasps (got stung in the head by one as a kid) and mice, no idea what it is about mice but they freak me out.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have a persistent fear of phobias. That's kind of a joke, but I really don't want to lock up with fear about anything if I can help it. Snakes are interesting at a distance, and I don't mind touching a non-poisonous pet. What has always worried me is that I never see snakes out hiking or camping, and I know they're there. I guess I'm Mr. Magoo, stepping over then without knowing it. My oblivious attitude may be contagious to them.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Actually, Frank of Indiana, I don't think that's a true phobia, unless someone is waving one about.

Mysophobia — Fear of germs. ...

Claustrophobia — Fear of small spaces. ...

Astraphobia — Fear of thunder and lightning. ...

Cynophobia — Fear of dogs. ...

Agoraphobia — Fear of open or crowded spaces. ...

Acrophobia — Fear of heights. ...

Ophidiophobia — Fear of snakes. ...

Arachnophobia — Fear of spiders.
You have a well grounded aversion to same. I had an Aunt who was similarly obsessed with her offspring's bowel movements.
I am developing an aversion to flying, perhaps a phobia. And I got my pilot's license years ago.
Be well!

Status
Not open for further replies.