PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Okay, I have a Granny chin hair and Christmas cookie phobia! One year at one of those Christmas Bazaars, there was a sweet elderly Grandma type person selling these delicious cookies. I looked up and she had Granny chin hairs!! I kept thinking one may have fallen into the cookie dough...Now I can't eat Christmas cookies.

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
Sorry about your bag phobia. That's harsh. I suppose I have one or ten...
Every time I see a hat on a bed, I have to make a quick exit (out of the building, house, store or whatever structure it might be in). I freak. As for hats on the bed in my own home, it simply does not happen. My wife even knows not to do it.
Also, clear glasses containing liquid on top of a light colored surface. Not in my house! Doesn't happen. Putting them on a dark surface is completely acceptable.

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
How come no one has admitted to their fear?
Nope. None. Some of us are functioning sociopaths and pipe smokers. Maybe there's a connection there? Now there's a topic!

[Or as US Army told me when they moved me into Special Ops (circa 1972): "Some of us are better at compartmentalizing."]

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
Unfortunately, mctinner, I am truly that un-sane. You may feel free to use me as a point of reference in order to gauge your own mental stability. I will not be offended. There is such thing as a hydrophobic. I am not one of those. I do wash to keep tidey and do feel good about it.

downinit

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2016
I just have run of the mill phobias like fear of heights and mild claustrophobia. I do have a friend that is afraid of birds (singular or many) that is not too uncommon but she has no idea where it comes from.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Don't really like heights, for example, though I've done some rock climbing, climbed some light houses (Hatteras for example), and climbed the freestanding spiral staircase in the dome of St. Paul's in London, among other height related efforts. But I don't think I'd want to ride a mule to the bottom of The Grand Canyon, although it is otherwise my kind of trip. I'm somewhat okay with bugs and spiders if I am being careful, and snakes likewise at a distance. I'm careful about water, but accepting. I try not to engage my phobias; usually that makes you more vulnerable.

kane

Can't Leave
Dec 2, 2014
I believe a phobia is an irrational fear.

Frank, from what you've described, I would say your fears are pretty rational.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
8O I LOVE you guys !! :rofl:

Am I the only one with a phobia?

Definitely NOT. Since you were brave enough to bare your soul and colon, I'll admit I have anxiety about being an automobile passenger. I got killed in a car accident in 1987 as a passenger. They had to revive me 4 times in ER. Thankfully, I'm not terribly freaked out about driving, though I am usually hyper-vigilant and long or challenging drives can take their toll (no pun intended).
I've also developed an occasional phobia about murder-clowns and weird masks. I usually respond with violent impulses to those stimuli. Additionally, I have a definite aversion to orange folk and some other things. (edited)

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I do not care for extremely tight spaces. The crawl through tunnels, under a low clearance house or cave sorta spaces. Never had to, but I refuse to.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Fine. If we're going to get all baring-our-souls and "I love you, man!" about it, the thought of outliving my retirement finances terrifies the living shit out of me.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Dear Frank's Wife,

Please let him smoke in the house.

Thanks,

Mother Nature
I am scared of heights, social events, and riding in a car with my wife when she's driving.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I am afraid of heights, and dangerous snakes.
Isn't anyone afraid of public speaking? I used to fear this. But during one of my jobs, I found a direct correlation between speaking and making money. That solved my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.