PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambam

Can't Leave
Jun 22, 2011
Virginia
I like my Molina Pipes, not sure what it is about them I like so much whether it is the way they smoke, the way they look, the way they feel when I hold them or clench them or there affordability. :puffy:

Aug 14, 2012
My two favorite brands were Dunhill and Lasse Skovgaard. The Lasses are great smokes, beautifully hand made and were of extraordinary briar. The Dunhills are very very good smokes distinguished by their predictability. Two of them of the same size shape and finish smoke identically, so you know in advance what you are getting. Dunhills have a distinctive taste from other pipes, and I prefer them to all others. I cannot explain why the taste is distinctive. It is said they are no longer oil cured. Have had about 160 of them, now down to about 83.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
Too many great pipe makers, No one brand sticks out as well above the others.

+1...If I like what I see....I will Buy It!!! And since Fathers Day is soon...the wife said spend $500

for your next pipe.

usmcpiper03

Lurker
Jun 3, 2018
I have a Paronelli that I loved until I recently got a Savanelli and Nording. I also have a Merehaum pipe I got overseas but I’d say my favorite smoker is the Nording. I wasn’t sure how

I’d like it as it is not traditional rustication I normally gravitate too, but it has grown on me. With how well it smokes I can see more Nordings showing up in my pipe collection. I hope they all smoke as good as the Valhalla 306.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Peterson rules! I have about 3 irish harps, 4 Dracs, 2 Atlantics, and a Fisherman. Of these I favor the 106s and 107 straight billiards. And more, including a great grey churchwarden.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Peterson rules! I have about 3 irish harps, 4 Dracs, 2 Atlantics, and a Fisherman. Of these I favor the 106s and 107 straight billiards. And more, including a great grey churchwarden.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Charatans, Estellas by Sav, Dunhills, Rad Davis, Linkmans, Il Duca, Petersons. These are my favorites. The ones I'd reach for first to save in case of fire. But I love all my pipes.

5star

Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
nitemare13: "Like with everything else, be it cars to clothes, there are some people who just go for a certain brand name. My grandfather was a well known Ford only man for instance. I've seen certain people mention brand name pipes or certain artist pipes. Was just curious is it a big deal in the pipe world or not.
The only "brand" I can say that I know well and prefer is Missouri Meerschaum

I like their history and I guess it's a southern country boy thing to be drawn to corncob pipes haha"
My 'collection' is pretty broad at this time. But I'm also a MM cob fan. This morning I had a bowl of HH Old Dark Fired Ready Rub in my 'naked' (unfinished) MM Missouri Pride cob outfitted with a Walker Briar Works Forever stem. That combination really smokes as well as other pipes I have that cost quite a bit more.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
My collection is small. A Savinelli Clark's Favorite, a MM Dagner Poker and two Tinder Box basket pipes stamped "ITALY". Savinelli would be my pipe brand right now...considering I have only two branded pipes. :D

5star

Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
Well, one thing I've decided is to hold off buying any new factory pipes. I already have more of those than I need or regularly smoke. The next pipe will be from an artisan maker. I do buy pipe tobacco, though.

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
My favorite pipe is a Boswell Brandy. I really like the Falcon system too. I think that's the only way I will ever get meer. My favorite factory pipe is Stanwell. I'm a sucker for the "working man" special.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
All 7 of my pipes are Savinelli. I've owned a dozen different brands from Dunhill to MM and found the best value in Savinelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.