PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I saw this thread title and thought C&D had launched a new tin blend...
jay-roger.jpg

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
My wife keeps finding estate pipes for me to buy and restore.
I think she does it so I will stay busy and not annoy her.

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
The blend is called: wives with knives and is 80% latakia and 20% perique...

Someone once told me that latakia was female repellant.

My wife tries to take interest and is supportive until I spend more than $5. She says pipes don't smell as bad as cigars so there's that...

willisk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2018
Commanders fund that’s great!! I have always squirreled a little here and there

Like 20 cash back at the grocery store and suddenly groceries were 150 instead of 130 lol

But never thought of naming it. That usually works for B&M purchases on the sly but when an extra package shows up

Not so easy !! She don’t care about a few orders a month of necessary items it’s when I go into hoarder mode

Lol!! But sometimes you can’t pass up free shipping on your entire order if you buy a 99 cent sampler lol

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
My wife isn't interested but she's aware of my enthusiasm and plays along some. Whenever I crack open a new blend, I almost always get her to take a whiff of the tin with me and give a quick description of what it smells like to her. Same with a new pipe, she listens patiently as I praise or criticize it for just a couple minutes until I go out onto the deck and light up. She's a good sport about it and in return, similarly to Sable, I pretend I like her cats as she explains their worth.

bluto

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2018
I saw this thread title and thought C&D had launched a new tin blend...
Now there is a good idea for a new thread , suggested pipe tobacco blend names
.. disinterested wife
.. iron my shirt
.. she who must be obeyed

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
chasingembers, exactly.
It always makes me SMH.
But then, one my rules is "No one understands anyone else's marriage."
SO I try to tell myself, if that works for a guy . . .well. . . I guess it works for a guy.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
"80% latakia and 20% perique..." -- Wouldn't work for me, eggroll. My wife LIKES latakia....
Yes, serious. She also bought me a $200 meer Bacchus for Xmas one year. (That was in 1980-something dollars.)
As for the bucks, I was off pipes for years while she bought enough fabric & yarn to stitch a life-size replica of Niagara Falls. We don't have a man-cave -- yarn cave instead. So she doesn't say much whenever I get a new (usually new-old) one in. I don't push it too much, though. }:)
Bill

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
I just had to laugh at Cosmic's knowledge of knit vs. crochet. My wife runs a crochet-centric group which meets at bars, and are thus called the Drunken Hookers. Do not confuse their art for knitting, nor their hooks for needles. It never ends well.

brooklynpiper

May 8, 2018
I like to play a game in my head where I answer one post's title with another . . . . All I can say is: disinterested wife? The stinger. Good luck.

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
Wife fear? Who said anything about wife fear? Is that a thing? You mean fear of being sex deprived? That's definitely a thing.

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
A Woman's Mind: The Final Frontier
These are the voyages of the XY Chromosome with the intrepid Commander Fund, whose Prime Directive is to prevent an awakening of a disitnerested wife...

willisk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2018
All sound advice especially @Eggrollpiper and the sex deprived part lol hence happy wife = Happy Life!! It’s all good I’m new to this so I’ll get better about being discreet

And my shed is almost closed in and will be climate controlled so I will have my man cave to hide my wares and treasures!! Out of site = out of mind

Right now my Baccy stash is stored on my side of the closet and all my pipes are on the dresser so I think she sees it slowly growing and don’t understand pipe rotation

Or my logic of getting tobacco while we can afford it so if we hit lean times ( probably won’t ) then I’m all good!! Also I firmly believe the government is werking on jacking up

The price again in the near future!!
So I think as soon as I get it out of sight then she won’t notice so much if I get more pipes and or tobacco!! But in her defense in three weeks time I’ve bought 5 pipes and close to

4 .5 lbs of tobacco!! So maybe I need to put the brakes on a tad lol

Status
Not open for further replies.