PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I bought a B. Barlings & Sons estate pipe (#4065) a couple of years ago, and I smoke it from time to time.

It easily passes a pipe cleaner, has a comfortable stem, incredible finish and as I looked more closely at it while I was out in the sunlight, I noticed some printing on the underside of the shank right near the edge that read: Made in Denmark.

I went to Pipedia and read (once again) the wonderful and exhaustive information there, supplied I believe, by member, Sablebrush, our noted Barling expert/collector.

It said that in the 70's Eric Nording made about 100k pipes for Barling, so I ASSUME, mine was made by Nording.

I paid about $30.00 for it, and I'm quite happy with it.

barling-600x450.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
What a fun discovery! There's always more to our pipes than just what they're carved from. Great looking pipe Mike!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Olkofri, yes. I've had this cast chess set for years. I never use it. It came with a leather wrapped board in black and green. The pieces are silver and gold, and they're not really distinguisable enough for practical use.
Yeah, Duane, it's fun to realize how much you can still learn about things you thought you knew about, hehehe.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
I would be very happy with that pipe too. The grain looks great, it’s a good traditional cut, and an all around handsome fellow. I’d be proud to own it.
May you smoke it in good health and in good times!

Status
Not open for further replies.