PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Hey everyone,
Quite disappointed in myself with a recent action that I decided to make. I won't go into the details but long story short, I spent my first night in jail and am out on bond right now.

I have had one or two troubles in the past as a juvenile but got past that and cleaned up my act. This recent incident has got me scared for my future. It most certainly isn't life ruining but it could drastically damage my desire to be an anesthesiologist.

It will be my first charge as an adult but not my first entirely (hard to believe I was not always a good kid right?) and I am starting to worry whether or not my previous charge as a minor, which was serious, plus this charge could affect my chances of making into a med school.

So, that is what I am extremely concerned about at this moment more than anything.
My second greatest worry at this time is running out of bacci when I get further into school! I am soon to be jobless and at some point I am sure I will run out of bacci. Before I leave, I will most likely place one last TAD order and then hope for an allowance from the folks until I can find a job... We won't tell them that I intend to spend some of their money on tobacco LOL
Guess I just wanted to express my worries to all of you and let you in on my past and current life a little bit. :(
-Frank

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
The best part about spending a night in jail is it teaches you that you dont want to go back or live there full time . Now stay out of trouble . 8)

guitarguy86

Jul 6, 2012
Stating that you're disappointed in yourself is a sign of good character. That isn't something everyone would do. No matter how big, or how small, we all make mistakes. I got into some trouble in high school, and that made me wake up and get my act together. Sometimes we need a kick in the ass to bring us back to reality. :clap:

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
All you can do is pray for best and prepare for the worst. I will be praying for you brother.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
No point in worrying now about this incident's impact on your future; cross bridges as you come to them.
We all make mistakes but it won't hurt you to soul search, think about where and why you went wrong, and make a resolution to yourself not to go down that path again.
Honestly, tobacco is the least of your worries, because there are enough decent blends out there at an affordable price that you can get by without too much effort - maybe a few hours work on the side. I know school is tough but if you want something bad enough, you'll get it.
Anyway, I don't know you even in the context of the forums, but remember that today is the first day of the rest of your life. It's not too late to straighten up and make the best of the circumstances. Taking responsibility for your actions and acknowledging where you went wrong is the first step.
Best of luck.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
As the others have said, what's done is done, I don't know anyone without some demons, all you can do is learn from the experience and thInk about your future.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Just get a job, get an attorney and take the hurdles as they come. Try to get a deferred adjudication if you can as it will have less overall impact on your future. If you're looking at a felony, get a lawyer who can get it pled out as a misdemeanor. If it's a drug charge, especially try for deferment as anything drug related will dick your chance at holding a medical license.
Other than that, quit screwing around and keep your nose clean and you'll be A-OK.

caliban

Lurker
Aug 11, 2012
Nine times out of ten alcohol plays some role in these problems so keep that substance under surveillance in your life. Use it with care, which is good general advice anyway.

cajunguy

Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Hard lessons are firm lessons. The situation you are in right now sucks, surely. But there is some wisdom to take from it. Remember how you feel right at this moment and, in the future, I highly doubt you'll steer off course.
Explore your legal options, as Baron said. Judges can be lenient if they feel leniency is deserved. I don't understand your situation completely, but explain to the powers that be what you've explained to us, and it might not end as badly as you think.
Good luck to you and we're here for you.

arinbjorn

Might Stick Around
Sep 14, 2011
Nobody is perfect - and sometimes people have to learn the hard way.
The main thing is to walk away with having learned something. Been there myself - learned my lesson - though it was a rather complicated (but, thankfully, not very serious) thing.
I'm in the medical field. Anything from juvenile cases, 17 and down, is washed clean as far as medical licenses go... unless it was a felony.
If you're looking at a felony now, you ought to try to have it reduced to a misdomeanor. Felonies are pretty much all that really sticks when it comes down to brass tacks, and when getting a job.
Don't let it hold you down. You paid/are paying your dues to society. Get back up, dust yourself off - and if you want to be an anesthesiologist, you'll make it happen. It's a pretty sweet job, really. I'd say that after putting surgical patients to sleep, I observe anesthesiologists spending about 80% of their time chilling out on the clock during surgeries.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Don't know what to tell you mate. If you were in trouble with the law as a juevy, and again in trouble as an adult, I would say you need to take a step back, take a look at yourself and determine what is wrong. As far as Med. School: if you want it bad enough, clean up your act. I am sorry if I am coming accross harsh, but in today's Society, I have very little or no pity for those who cannot stay out of trouble. The only person screwing up your future is YOU.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
My dad told me once...."If you go to jail, dont call me cause i'm not going to bail you out" that scared me enough to not ever set foot in a jail (except for work), If you clean your self up and stay out of trouble and fix whatever got you in trouble this time, your charge at a juvenile may not be considered, and you may be able to get ix exounged (all depends on the charge) Youre too young to be getting in trouble...straighten up your life, stay out of trouble and stop doing whatever you did that got you in trouble
One more thing...running out of tobacco should be the least of your worries!!!

pipesicle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2012
S.E.Iowa
If the charge does come up in a med school interview, if you keep clean from now on, you will be able to tell the interviewer how this changed your life for the better and how it made you appreciate how important your future is. Everyone gets one "oh shit", but now is the time to walk the straight and narrow. :worship:

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Frank, I can relate, so I hope you won't mind some friendly advice. First, don't beat yourself up about poor decisions. It's not time to feel sorry for yourself, but a time to take concrete steps in ensuring that it never happens again. But based on your track record, if you do nothing, it's likely to happen again.
I ran into trouble when I was your age, but I finally made the decision that I wanted to fix myself. I had little money, but I was able to find a solid therapist for free through the YMCA. But I didn't go there to complain and feel sorry for myself—I went there to fix myself. In 6 months I made a complete turn around and I never had to go back.
One final piece of advice: The best therapist is not one who tells you how to think, but helps YOU to sort out your own issues. You have to do the work and a good therapist will help you help yourself. Best of luck to you.

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
I really appreciate all of the well wishes and support guys. Those of you who apologized for sounding too harsh should not have any reason to do so. Hiding from the truth won't do me any good.

I am going to court today and will fill you in as to what is going to happen. The judge did mention deferment and I only pray that I will luck out and get it through good behavior. Probation is one of the penalties and I will look at it as a blessing to keep me out of trouble while I am at school... More time to study and less to party.

Once again thank you all and I will keep you informed.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Good luck today in court ! Learn, move on and live. But note the first word... learn from it ;-) Looks like you will.

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Gonna get my head in the game. Thinking about such things calls for a very good pipe loaded with some good tobacco. Headed to court in less than an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.