PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 11, 2013
I got this Digby Rusticated Pot shape #9488 this weekend. It is stamped Digby 9488 London Made London England on the bottom of the square Shank. The top of the stem is stamped D.
From what I can gather this was a second of the GBD company. It seems to have first appeared in 1976. I have never liked black pipes and have only started to like some rusticated. I think for $6 I will clean this up and give it a rotation in my growing pile.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Oh, you better hope the Old Cajun doesn't know where you live! He likes Digbys and black blasts!

That pipe should clean up nice, a great find, and for $6 at that!

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
I have a few Digby's,yes they were GBD seconds. I too got them on the cheap off ebay, clean them up and tweeked them all stellar smokes! Congrats , yes it should clean up nicely.

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes

kgill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 11, 2013
Thanks everyone. I didn't know there was a difference in blasted and rusticated. Yes blasted then.
I would be surprised if this thing was ever smoked actually.
I could be tempted to trade for an old SON (Nording) throw in a few pipes either way...

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I love the looks of that pipe. Nice score. Can't wait to see the restoration pics.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I've owned and regularly smoked ~20 very inexpensive pipes. To me they have smoked indistinguishably from pipes that cost me hundreds. This is where I think the seasoned smoker can do well on ebay. If I only bid on auctions where the bidding is slow and avoid all the name carvers/manufacturers, I do well, spending between $50-$75.

Status
Not open for further replies.