PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

renal923

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2018
Hi from Phoenix!
I've smoked some pipes before, but fell out of it awhile ago. Decided to start up again this weekend, and I'm really enjoying it. Picked up an estate briar (spitfire by Lorenzo) and some bulk va blend on Saturday. Was given a well loved MM cob by the dad of a girl I'm interested in on Sunday.
Went back to the local store tonight, got some bulk English blend and the only tin of Maltese falcon they had (which is going to be the first addition to the cellar, at least for a bit until my tongue stops hating me).
So far I'm really enjoying relaxing on my porch, and winter in AZ is perfect for a lounge chair, a robe and a good pipe.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Welcome aboard. I'm from Vegas but I love it when work takes me to Phoenix.
Enjoy what you're smoking, especially if it came from Ye Old Pipe & Tobacco Shop. Great guys there with a great lounge.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Welcome @renal923. With a name like that I kidney you not, you will fit right in.
I lived in Phoenix years ago (darn, seems like yesterday, I'm getting older). Is your local tobacconist per chance Ye Olde Pipe Shop? They are good people.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Ha. Ash was posting at the same time. Yep, we both agree that Ye Olde Pipe is a good spot (both locations).

renal923

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2018
I'm going to Stag tobacconists, by metro center since it's about a 2 minute drive from my house, but from my understanding it has the same owners as ye olde tobacco shop.
Also, Ash I was just up in Vegas two weeks a

Ago for a football game (I play semi-pro, which is one reason I want to move over to pipes, less hit to my lungs)

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
I'm jealous of your piping weather. I've just been smoking indoors more than normal, which means I've been relagated to most aromatics lately, which beats the alternative of tea toteling.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
just watch out for that pirate ship.
Hey...watch it, scallywag! We're people too! Err...well, we like taking from people...we're like Robin Hood...we steal from the pipe and tobacco rich and give it to those that don't have any......well, partly true....we give to ourselves who have already smoked up all the Black Frigate in supply and have run out...the supplies must stay fully stocked, or Anthony and Bill get into the "you know what" and it turns into a real mess...not to say I don't stand idly by and watch as they cause a ruckus, watching whales do "natural things" nearly capsizing our ship!
All that aside, Welcome to the forums! You'll find all manner of ill-depraved sots, gentlemen, brigands, cut throats, crotchety and all around best gaggle of guys and gals around here! Don't be afraid to ask questions and if you happen to decide to take a spin on the Black Frigate, we're always recruiting. Only one thing....watch out for your coin purse, our powder monkey takes a liking to shiny objects and has some sticky fingers.
Enjoy that English as it is by far my favorite blend type...so far, but it hasn't let me down yet! Kudos to finding a tin of Maltese Falcon as well, it's a mighty fine smoke and I enjoy it almost as often as I do Black Frigate! Welcome again!

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
Welcome! I'm over in Mesa and work in Tempe. PM me if you need anything. I know of another pipe shop that is not in the directory if you are so inclined to head over to Mesa.

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
Welcome. And congrats on actually finding some Maltese Falcon. Stuff is as rare as hen's teeth these days...

renal923

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2018
Thank you all.
Spartacus, I tend to avoid Mesa like the plague after living there for a winter (in a very bad part of town), and I tend to avoid Tempe mainly because all the eye candy will get me in trouble, but I'm always up for trying new places.
And I've heard a looot (especially from here) about the Maltese Falcon being really good, and really rare, but I'm hesitant to try it just yet, but couldn't pass it up.
Carolina, I really liked the english in my briar, but the virginia i have I think i prefer in the cob, because that has a filter and makes it easier for me to keep cool. Once I'm better at it, i'll probably try the va in the briar again, but for now I think my pipes have specific blends already.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Hi & welcome, er, renal.... :) Glad to have you here! As far as Mike, well, we make allowances for him. Occasionally. };)
As ccw said, we take from the rich & give to, well, US. The Brotherhood of the Black Frigate are good types. We believe in dissemination of The True Gospel & the elevation of Captain Embers, may his briar never need relighting. Just watch out for two guys named jaytex & Anthony. If they offer you rum, smell it first. They spike it with what can charitably be called "cleaning fluid"!
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.