Goodbye and good riddance.
asshole.jpg

Anyone else?

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
And I thought us pipesmokers were mellow and calm people
Lately we're seeing the highly agitated, upset, defensive, and righteous side of humans(that just happen to be pipe smokers). Trouble is, people are spending too much time behind the keyboard, and not behind the pipe bowl.

abecox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2010
Iron fist week!
Ho hum, sometimes the garbage needs to be thrown to the curb, it starts to stink after a while.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Didn't he start some big tirade thread a week or so back? It kind of came from out of nowhere. I remember being the first response and possibly only response, as I never saw the thread again.

bogie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2010
I fail to understand the need for this post in the first place. No offense meant at all. I thoroughly enjoy this site and have often thought and still do think it to be a privilege to have the availability of so much pipe smoking knowledge and camaraderie in a free website. I do acknowledge all the hard work that goes into keeping these forums what they are and for that I truly thank you. This post just doesnt seem any different than the ones you were trying to avoid in the first place.
Hope all yall have as good of a thanksgiving as I know I am.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I remember that post, Kevin - glad you banned him.
I am not sure what being "politically correct" means - too often, it seems to be a phrase hurled at someone who thinks people should simply be courteous and polite.

There is no reason folks cannot maintain a tone of civility, no matter what they do. :puffy:

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I agree with you, Jud. Disagreements are fine; in fact I was enjoying the differing opinions on what constituted an "adult discussion". But some folks take contrary opinions rather personally and that's when it all has to be shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.