Decided on these three Aromatics, opinions.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyhog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 18, 2015
Hi,
On another post thad asked for which Aromatics were more natural. I realized that its very difficult to ever know the exact ingredients. My question should have been which aromatics taste natural. As a reference, I've smoked Sutliffs Molte Dolce, Cult Blood Red Moon and to me the toppings, casings do not taste natural and are overdone. Ive enjoyed several of Boswells aros, but I want to try something different. So, I've read reviews and know the flavors I personally like. Coffee, vanilla, liquor, berries are my favorite. Im looking to order C&D Mocha, CAO Eileen's Dream and Stanwell Vanilla. I only purchase in tins. I'm an occasional smoker. Any opinions on these three choices appreciated. Thanks

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
I haven't tried any of those, but the main function of a forum like this is to confuse people, so I'll add a blend: Mac Baren Classic Flake. It's a va/cav with vanilla and berries. Very flavorful and to my palate it oozes of quality ingredients.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Go to Boswellspipes.com and do not pass Go.

Some of the best aros in the biz.

And, yes, they are hand blended by J.M. despite some who think he is taking Lane tobacs and putting names to them.

J.M. Boswell is a genius at pipe making and hand blending pipe tobacco. Try his 4-star aros and you won't be disappointed.

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
I had a tin of Eileen’s Dream a few years back and remember it being pleasant. I also remember it tending to burn hot if not smoked carefully, so be aware.

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
Boswell Aros taste more natural than the others. I imagine his operation being much smaller scale makes a big difference.

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
Workman- which MB is the classic flake? Their navy flake or the mixture flake? Both seem to contain cavendish.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Classic Flake is the new name for Vanilla Flake, so it's neither Mixture nor Navy. The Vanilla Flake had to be renamed because the EU forbids tobacco products having names that might make them sound delicious. Come to think of it I'm actually not sure if it goes by the old or the new name in the US.

ekert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2018
My favorite aromatics are Dunhill Royal Yacht, Rattray's Exotic Orange, McClelland Deep Hollow, McCranie's Somerled, and HU China's Heaven.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just in the Vanilla category, there is so much personal taste involved. Some want a real creamy overlay, and others just the faint whisper of vanilla more as an aftertaste. The aros you've selected are quality, so if they meet your tastes, you're onto something. I'm working on a pouch of C'est La Vie with an understated vanilla flavoring, and that's about how I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.