PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssavarimuthu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2016
Saw this sale on Pipes and Cigars, seems like a good deal. Thought I would ask on here what everyone thought of Decatur Pipes. Is this a good sale, worthwhile of $20 that could be saved to go towards a more expensive pipe?
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipes/decatur-pipes/?sourcekey=PC5W&slide=1
Thanks! :puffpipe:

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I bought one a few months ago, and couldn't be happier with it, especially given the low price. The one I bought was the natural (completely bare wood) apple. The only thing I found odd was that it was listed as an apple, but to me is more of a billiard shape. Anyway, I like it a lot, and posted a review of it on the forum.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
You can always wonder if $$$ spent would be rightly saved for something more expensive or better. For $20 I would try one without hesitation. If you are in doubt, you could get a couple cobs for about the same $$$. I think the fact that a member has had good service from his bodes well for you, if you decide to get a couple few.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For any new pipe smoker, or anyone who is trying to put a few more pipes on their rack on a budget, this is likely a good deal. I don't have a Decatur pipe, but pipesandcigars is a major pipe and tobacco online retailer, and they don't want to set people up for dissatisfaction or frustration; they want you back again and again for other pipes and various pipe tobacco blends and accessories. It's sort of like a pipe shop house pipe; they want you as a happy return customer. So if one or two of these pipes appeal to you, I'd go ahead and buy it/them. There's little lost if you don't like it, and chances are you will not only like it, but will still be smoking it in twenty years.

Status
Not open for further replies.