PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Well I obviously haven’t finished smoking the oldest Calabash I posted earlier but will finish it and this, the newest Calabash I own. Where the original was made in the classic guise of a Calabash this one takes it to heights nobody, except messers Danovic and Altinok have collaborated to bring it to life.
The business end, or Meerschaum cup, was made by Pipemaker Sinan Altinok who intricately carved the beautiful pattern it sports. Davorin Denovic was responsible for the gourd end, which he made from very Black Morta, around 10,000 y/o, the accent is a brass band followed by some faux Amber and the stem is a modern Smoky Amber reproduction. Keeping it smokey with more of the 2002 Virginia no. 1 from Mac Baren.

banjo
43860653354_7895d0d76a_z_d.jpg

Dec 24, 2012
Geez, Sante, you must have a million pipes, lol. Congrats though. That is a beauty. Love the latice work on the bowl top.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yes, for up-market pipes in primo smoking condition, I think fish' must have the Forums record, which is saying a lot with some of the members here. Someone else might get the numbers with boxes of used pipes in lots, but not the top notch artisanal and exotic other pipes.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
The business end, or Meerschaum cup, was made by Pipemaker Sinan Altinok who intricately carved the beautiful pattern it sports. Davorin Denovic was responsible for the gourd end, which he made from very Black Morta, around 10,000 y/o, the accent is a brass band followed by some faux Amber and the stem is a modern Smoky Amber reproduction.
That is truly in a class all by itself...just an incredible creation.

Status
Not open for further replies.