PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
I know of a couple around Plano, but what about Dallas? More specifically the Childrrns/Parkland hopital area? I'd like to go in after work one day, but on the way home you know. Theres nothing on the locator & google search gives me a bunch of head shops.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
The best is Up In Smoke in Dallas. They have plenty of cigars and a decent selection of pipes, including Meerschaums, if I remember right.
This is the one downtown.
2222 Mckinney Avenue # 180

Dallas, TX 75201

(214) 855-1234
There's another at 75 and Northwesy Hwy in North Dallas.
7700 W Northwest Hwy #240

Dallas, TX 75225

(214) 368-0433

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Actually, theres a headshop near there with a pretty good selection of briar from what I recall (been a few years since I frequented headshops) Look up Pipe Dreams on Maple Avenue. It is a liquor store/headshop but the back wall used to be nothing but briar pipes. I think they had some Playboys too :D

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
I think the closest to Parkland would be "Blue Smoke" on Mockingbird. But it's on the other side of Love Field
As with many tobacco shops in Dallas, it's 99% cigars. But they do have some seats. I have to admit I have not sat down and lit up a pipe so I can't say whether or not they'll look at you in a funny way if you do. But hey, it's worth a shot ;-)
They also used to have an "Up In Smoke" the other direction. Head west on Royal. North on MacArthur. Just as you cross the George Bush Tollway it used to be on your right hand side.
Good luck !

bailey331

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2012
I was in Grape Vine Mills a few weeks ago and found a nice shop in the down town area if thats on you route home. By the way, is there a road or hwy in central Texas that NOT under construction.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
@bailey331 there are roads in n.central tx not under construction...therr all dirt roads tho. :rofl:

uapiper

Lurker
Sep 30, 2010
I just moved to Dallas about a month ago and have been trying to check out every tobacco store in town. As far as pipe selection and pipe tobacco goes the best ones I'be found have been the Up in Smoke at North Park, Tobacco Gallery at Preston and Northwest Hwy, Addison Cigars, and Up in Smoke Lewisville. The Briar Club of North Texas meets at the Lewisville shop once a month and is worth the drive if work allows you to make it up there. I live in Uptown right on McKinney, and the Up in Smoke in Uptown has an Ok selection but they will recommend the others for pipe stuff. I've been talking to a guy over on brothers of briar about meeting up in uptown to enjoy a bowl or two at some of the places that will allow you to smoke. I'll PM my info to you if you're interested.

Reactions: smokeit

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
uapiper: Welcome to the forum ! Another Texan joins the frey...
Chris, Baron and I met a couple of weeks ago at that same shop.
Here's the thread in which we've posted the locations and meet times before. So feel free to just post in there next time you meet up there with some fellow pipe smokers and some of us will surely try to join.
Once again, welcome to the madhouse ;-)
EDIT: WTH ??? I just noticed "Joined in Sep 2010"... sorry .. my bad...

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
He's been pretty quiet the last couple o years! Sir Elliotts in Dallas off Preston and Frankford is a good one, too. The also have fresh roasted coffee from Addison Roasters there by the lb.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Welcome back to the forums maybe? Sure post next time and ill try to make it. I'll be working at children's hospital, about 2 miles from that shop, till around Nov. so I can do lunch most of the time...with a phone stuck to my ear of course.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Gotta do what we gotta do! I'll even try to drag my butt out of bed and make it down there again. 1:30pm is a "morning smoke" for me!

uapiper

Lurker
Sep 30, 2010
Been on here for a while but I spend more time on Brothers of Briar and Smokerforums. I also tend to be more of a member lurker than poster.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Other forums eeeh?
fry-300x225.jpg

Kidding of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.