PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2011
See, now I'm hoping the gift of night cap and frog morton on the bayou I'm being sent wont get nabbed by the dogs of the government.

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
little by little we subtly are having our God given rights to smoke or drink whatever the he(ll) we want, no matter what country or state. "lets (us) make this a drug, tobbaco, freedom free florida".

who the f___ is us? a bunch of bathroom lurking politicians? get rid of "politicling" and just do your g-damn jobs. would have liked to say republicians lurking but that is just only common knowledge.

crap, just make politicians oxoygen free and make every one happy.

atleast bill clinton got his bj from a female and a cute brunette too! sound jealous dont i.

restrooms for politician's complete with glory holes and recliners for all, except toilet paper, the dont use it anyway!! after all, that's their g-given right. who are we to judge. :idea:

sorry for sounding political, just dont know what could have possibly come over me. my bad :roll:

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Amen, they made it illegal to ship any tobacco in my state to cut down on people getting cigarettes across state lines (but they included pipes and cigars anyway), the closest good pipe tobacco shop is a couple hours away. Every retailer flat out ignored the law and shipped it anyway(thank God for good retailers), the only one who refused to do that was JustForHim. Not only did they make it illegal to ship from an outside state, they made it illegal to ship from a MD business to a MD residence... I believe they have by now repealed this law sucessfully, this law went into effect last year, but was never really enforced and my local politicians promised to re-instate the legal shipment of cigars and pipe tobacco saying that "they were not the intended targets of the law."
I once spoke to a tobacco shop owner and mentioned that it was illegal to ship any of his tobaccos to any of his Maryland customers and he got very angry and said it simply was not right and he would do it anyway, I applaud him.

busyhands94

Might Stick Around
May 29, 2012
That's ridiculous, I thought we really had to pay too much here in California. Then again I'm a cigarette smoker as well, when I buy my brand (Natural American Spirit perique roll your own) it runs me about $12 a pouch. Despite being worth every penny I'd rather go back to the days where you could get 150 gram cans for the same price. Luckily I've got some American Spirit coupons so I'll be able to get a pouch for $1. Good deal!
I had a friend who would ship tobacco to his friend in New York by taking the tobacco out of the can, then putting it into a Trader Joe's coffee can in a plastic bag, putting some beans over it in the unlikely event the package was opened prematurely, then he'd glue the foil seal over the lid. That way it would look like he's just shipping coffee but unknown to everyone else he was shipping tobacco. Course these politician scumbags are being sneaky and saying it's for the "good of the children" when they are really making adults who want to smoke pay ridiculous prices. They lie to us so we might as well return the favor.

lazydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
no basis for this, but why do I get the feeling that Nancy Pelogrossy is one of our staunchest enemies. These idiots will not be stisfies until they have either taxed everything they can or outlawed the things they don't care for, all to feed their greedy trough or to throw money at the "disenfranchised" and get the majority of bums on gvnmt. checks so they have to continue to vote them to office. (short rant). So fill your tobacco coffers while you can, boys. I plan to order at least 2 lbs. a month while I still can. Whats next to feel the blade, coffee? Tea (again)? Chocolate? Screw em// :evil:

danno

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2011
Hmm. Finely chop and press the tobacco into flats and then you could fabricate cartons. Tobacco Cartons! Then you can cut into fold and stuff "flakes". Of course I'm kidding, but how much thought do you think some folks may have already put into this idea? (I basically thought about the smuggling that must be going on, and then took a tangent to Cheech and Chong, and the truck made of a a certain organic material)

auspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2012
Australia
For people travelling to Australia from July the duty free allowance will be cut to only 50 grams, down from 250 grams. Though ordering tobacco online is all liable for duty no matter the amount, if you keep orders small you are rarely charged. Very few people smoke cigars or pipes in this country so the focus is on cigarette smokers, unfortunately for the few of us that do enjoy pipes we have no choice but to order online due to cost and no good tobacco available locally. All my orders have arrived without duty so far, and hope it stays that way.

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
I look at as dollar cost averaging, in Canada, they only charge 18% duty on tobacco and then 13% HST on top of that, even those prices are cheaper than buying here. Some mistakenly thing there is a duty free allowance for 250 grams, but that is only if you are out of the country 48 hours or more not on mail order. I spread my orders out and keep them around the $50 mark.
If I get dinged with duty once out of every 5 or 10, I'm still way far ahead. My cellar so far has cost me about $200, if I paid prices up here it would have cost approx $1300.

dhintonca

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I got dinged on my last order - it was 10 ounces and I guess that was a TAD too much (sorry). 8 ounces and under seem to slip through ok. So on my 10 ounces, I had to pay $66 in duty, fed tax, provincial tax, and provincial tobacco tax. And even at that, it was only 60% what it would have cost me locally IF it were even available!

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
How was it shipped to you, just wondering? I find USPS gets through most often. I also try to keep the value to around $50 ( for that you can get a couple of pounds). I got six pounds on the way fingers crossed, What province are you in?

Status
Not open for further replies.