PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
I bought a tin of Sam Gawith 2015 along with the rest of my order... I did not know that it was a display tin, and not sealed. When it arrived with my other goodies I was dismayed to find it as dust. I spent an entire night trying to resurrect it as I really wanted to smoke it. sadly it was too far gone. I sent an email about it , kinda pissed for the price of the tin. Today I found my account has another tin headed my way! Smokingpipes.com Thanks!!! There is something to be said for customer service!

coxman

Lurker
Sep 15, 2018
I had a similar experience. I bought a pipe and the next week it went on sale. I figured it was worth worth a shot and sent them an email. They gave me credit for the price difference. Now I mostly only buy from them for that very reason.

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
I have had equally good experiences with them and spend far too much money there.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
They have really shined for me over the years, and the way they handled the big red Virginia mold event of Summer 2016 really sealed their top spot with me.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I've always had great customer service from them and their the only online tobacconist I use. Of course I'm partial because their only 2 hrs away from me here in SC. I always get next day delivery and I've never had a complaint.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
I've done extensive business with smokingpipes.com, and only once has there been an issue; in that one instance, a large tin of Gaslight arrived damaged. I wasn't upset. The container was compromised, but the contents were fine, so I took a couple pictures and jarred up my new crumbly cubes. I emailed the image with a note expressing that I didn't need to return the item, but I was sending them the pictures of what I received to alert them to a potential problem with their inventory retrieval/packaging process.
They emailed me back to inform me that another tin was on the way, and suggested that I jar up the contents of the first tin because they should be fine. Gotta love those folks. "Above and beyond" would be an appropriate description of their resolution. :puffy:

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
I'm UK based so have only bought from Smoking Pipes Europe but they did something for me that I was grateful for. They are now one of my first ports of call when looking for something in pipe land. I really wish they sold tobacco though. When I first heard they were opening a European division I was hoping it may be the route we would start getting some of those American blends through but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
I second Jazz on Smoking pipes Europe: great attention, wish they sold tobacco, but the situation in the EU, regarding tobacco, is chaotic. Even though there is a supposedly single market there are countries where it is forbidden for particulars to import tobacco. What "import"? Is this not a single market? The excuse is to forbid online sales to control that tobacco is not sold to minors, but it is a matter of taxes, of course. Very happy, anyway, to have Smokingpipes in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.