Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagan

Preferred Member
May 6, 2016
West Texas
So I did it, I pulled the trigger on my first pipe over $100, I have many Hardcastle, GBD, Sav, Stanwell and a few other quality European briar pipes, all great smokers, but I never paid more than $30 for any of them, I set my limit and stuck to my budget. Now I have been looking at this pipe and at first thought to be a Tinsky but proved to be a Curt Rollar, either way I talked myself into it, $140 shipped, it goes against my budget and principle, however its also my first American made pipe (cob excluded) and I am content. Cant wait for it to arrive.

ben88

Preferred Member
Jun 5, 2015
I have many Hardcastle, GBD, Sav, Stanwell and a few other quality European briar pipes, all great smokers, but I never paid more than $30 for any of them
Ebay?

pagan

Preferred Member
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Yes ben88, most of my purchases are off the Bay, I factor shipping and set my max and walk away, I have been lucky on some nice pipes, once I receive the pipes they get a salt bath, retort treatment then off to Stem and Briar for rejuvenation, I figure each pipe cost me around $50, 20 pipes over 4 years.

fluffie666

Apr 4, 2014
That's a very nice bit of smoking paraphernalia you got yourself. Congradulations on that. Stem And Briar is a nice place to do buisness with. I forgot the guys name who runs it but I bought a few estates from him in the past. He's a pleasure. Enjoy that pipe. I hope you fall in love with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.