PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
So, my latest order came in, a new lighter, some Blackpool and And So To Bed to add to the cellar and 4 oz of a mixture I've never tried, but heard so much about from a certain someone on this forum. So, add me to the list of 1-Q fans. Similar to Captain Black, quite mild. Even thought I normally smoke outside, I really pick up the vanilla aromatic room note of this tobacco. What a lovely and simple smoke!

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I guess I'm kind of lucky. While I can taste the PG in OTC tobacco blends, it never really bothers me too much. I must say, this 1-Q is a very nice subtle, vanilla aro and I suspect it will become a regular part of my rotation...along with the 20 other blends I've come to love!!!!

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
No need for apologies. I'm enjoying the last of the bowl on my patio with an oatmeal stout and loving life!

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
If you want to bump it up a notch, make some "Dumb Albert".
A rough 1/3 of Prince Albert and 2/3 of Lame Eye Que.
Changes the flavor slightly, but not much, and adds a bit of a nicotine kick if you smoke a big bowl.

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
what is the 1Q i have hear yall talk about it alot but never tried it. does any one know where i can find it?

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Lane's 1-Q. If you have a local B&M, it's possible they carry it under a house name like, Midnight Sunset, Desperate Shadow or some other equally ridiculous name.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
1-Q is a tobacco of many names. I get mine under the name "brandens choice". It is sold as a bulk tobacco and most shops rename it because it is so good they want your repeat bizness thinking you are getting a special "house blend". Just ask the clerk what do they call Lanes 1-Q or what is their most popular blend

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Rainbow and Unicorn is a great name. I would probably call it Uncle Fred's Bunion, a sexy name for a sexy blend!!!

zunismoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2010
NC
Glad you guys like a simple mild mix. More power to you! I will stick with the more complex, stout, you know you are smoking tobacco type blends. Takes all kinds, people and tobacco.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
Glad you guys like a simple mild mix. More power to you! I will stick with the more complex, stout, you know you are smoking tobacco type blends. Takes all kinds, people and tobacco.
can't all of us be as cool as you are, and shit. That is why we let you hang around. To guide us.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Provided I have the funds, I plan on placing a TAD sometime within the next week or so. I majorly need to restock on my Connoisseur's Choice which I ran out of weeks ago and can't seem to find anywhere in town. Mostly I'm waiting on Cup O Joes to put up the Peterson SR 2011 and Summertime 2011 blends so I can throw that into one huge order. I might just have to order a few ounces of this Lane 1-Q from them, as I love vanilla blends. Cup O Joes I believe sells it for under $30/lb. It's only $134 for 5 lbs. So if you're looking to stock up on it there's a good place to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.