PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

viceroy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2010
I used the site a few weeks back. I bought a pipe and a tin of tobacco. It took me nearly two weeks to get. It took forever for them to actually ship it, I followed the tracking it stayed New York far to long. For ten dollar shipping charge iwas mad. I can get 2 day delivery from many other sites for around the same price. I will not be returning to that site for any of my smoking needs.

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
I ordered from them two months or so ago and I don't remember it being terribly slow, considering I'm in Sweden on the other side of the big blue, but it's not impossible to do it faster.

smoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2011
maybe they didn't have what you wanted in stock at the time, or the parcel company took their time in collecting.

viceroy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2010
I could understand if they were out of stock, but they weren't(if they were shame on them for not teelling me). I think they like up dating there site then worrying about orders because the pipe i bought was taken off the site once i ordered. Oh well i suppose everyone has problems with some sites.

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
i just ordered some heath and home from them this morning. will see how it works out. ten bucks is alot for that and it seems that making the sale and goodwill towards their customer if they cut the shipping inhalf it wouldnt bother me if it took a few extra days to get it.

i do know what you mean though, it does give one second thoughts about ordering again.

maybe kevin coult put a bug in their ear....really it would be in their own self interest.

viceroy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2010
yes i wouldnt have minded the shipping time if i had payed less for it.

smoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2011
As i have yet to order offline depending on the area, country or state it is coming from i suppose depends on how long to reach me here in the uk but i would expect anything upto 1 month at most.

viceroy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2010
It is strange, I love to use pipesandcigars.com yet people seem to have trouble with them and then a site that people dont have trouble with i do. oh well plenty of other sites to put in my pipe and smoke

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
I buy from them frequently. They have always been excellent to do business with.

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
oops...i must have been smoking the wrong tobacco this morning :oops:

i didnt order from cupojoes, it was pipes and cigars....my bad.

they charge $10 too.

onemangang

Might Stick Around
May 20, 2011
I've placed 4-5 orders with them in the past month or so and have had GREAT service.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I've used them about 3 times and yes maybe it took a day or 2 longer but Im ok with

It, no big hurry... But the shipping charges are pretty wild.. Too much I think!!!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I've used pipesandcigars.com for two orders, both were shipped to Maryland in a few days. They are one of the few pipe places that uses Paypal, my preferred payment option. I've also stopped by their shop and chatted with the owner/attendants. Good folks in my book. I'd call them, perhaps they'll take care of you on the next order.

docrx

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 9, 2011
Ordered one box of brigham pipe filters from pipes and cigars.com this week for a good price and only 2.71 for shipping and received yesterday one box of big ben ceramic filters in error. geeeeez

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
You can usually get FREE shipping from most, if not all online retailers when you hit a minimum dollar amount. Even if you are paying shipping charges, it is a bargain if you consider the convenience.
- Gas for the car to drive to a store

- Time to go to the store, shop and then drive home, and maybe not find what you were looking for
Ordering online can be done from your desk or couch while doing other things.
Someone has to process the order, pack it up, ship it out and then the mailman or UPS guy hand delivers it to your door. All of the hands that touched it to get it to you need to earn a living and eat too.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I've ordered from cupojoes, P&C, Mars Cigars, Lil browns, about all of them.

I prefer smokingpipes.com these days.

I will plug cup o joes for their coffee though, great stuff !

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I ordered a couple of Peterson pipes and some tobacco from them a few months ago. The order came in just the amount of time they said it would. Took 5 buiness days and they said it'd be 3-5. Seemed forever though because five buisness days is around a week and a half depending on what day you place your order. Only complaint I have is they emailed me to say the Peterson Special Reserve and Summertime blends from this year would be up by late June to buy and it's July 2nd and I still don't see them! lol. I know I'm a very impatient Pete Nut. I'll give it another week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.